Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

AAAAAHHHHHH

Has anyone else's lovely cute sweet baby turned into a little tiny terror!!!! ha ha I can't turn away for 2 seconds without him emptying the tissue box, throwing things in the toilets, emptying bags, emptying cupboards!!!!! Basically doing everything they shouldn't ha ha I need a holiday lol ha ha x

Replies

• At what point did they learn to only enjoy doing stuff that is naughty??!!!!

I sypmathise greatly with you. I'm sick of hearing myself say "No" all the time. Lo just looks me in the eye and carries on doing whatever he fancies - monster!! His favourite activity at the moment is switching the tell on and off, usually just at the good bits of the programme and taking the batteries out of the remote and hiding them!
  • Yep I can totally relate!! Bren has even started laughing at me when I say 'No!' and shaking his head like he thinks it is some great game!

• When we say no (I usually point at him when say it) he points back and tries to say no ha ha
  • yea Elijah is a real scamp now! always climbing up at the tv and throwing my phone on the floor. When i get him dressed he screams and says "dont do that" or "stop" bloody pickle lol
  • Max is just having tantrums ALL the time if he doesnt get his own way or where he wants to be! He is terrible - throws himself on the floor and screams!!!! What is he gonna be like when he's 2 if he's lke this and not even 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Jack has a paddy if he cant do or have something. He gets really frustrated and throws his toys at me or across the room xxx
  • not just mine with a foul temper then :lol:
  • Craftycharlie I was thinking exactly the same!!!! ha ha
  • Bren is the same too, especially when it is time to get him dressed or change his nappy. My mum even commented when we were over in the UK saying 'oh god he is starting his terrible 2s early!'. So glad it isn't just him!!
  • Becci, my c/m said tonight that Gracie was wagging her finger back at her when she told her 'no' today! I don't wag my finger but that's so funny they copy us isn't it?!
    My little girl must be an angel then, compared to the boys, not! She just cries with her bottom lip out when she doesn't get her own way!
  • ooo im so glad someone posted this... fin is a little monkey! he is in to EVERYTHING!
    If i tell him no he shakes his head then carried on OR starts crying and smacking his heels on the floor in a little paddy!

• Bryn's the same - into everything - He likes taking the sky card out of the box, turning the dvd on and posting things in the video..... He can now not only climb on the sofa but over the back of it given half a chance! He just smiles at me if I say 'no' and then carries on as before. Although if I tell him to sit down when he's on the sofa he will do.... for all of 2 seconds!! :roll:

He's completely different to my other 2 as they were really stroppy and the terrible 2's really did start at 1 - Bryn is much more relaxed about it but into more things - I don't know which is worse!! :\?
  • HE HE Great isn't it!!!! NOT
    Sam loves to climb and then wen he gets on what he wants he tries to bounce on it!!!!!
    He points to what he wants and goes crazy if I say no.
    The joys of children. x
  • I'm gonna be looking after my cousins little boy a few days a week after christmas he's 5 months older than rhys think gonna be pulling my hair out after an hour ha ha although he seems a little angel compared to rhys ha ha.
  • lol!! Sorry but that made me laugh katielou! What a day you have had, the poo incident sounds like something Brendan would do! You will have to make a note of it and make sure you remind her of it on her 18th!! x
  • hehe he love it!!! they are sooooo funny! x
  • Oakley has always always had a temper on him. At 3 months old he learnt to fake cough for our attention. I say 'Mummy says NO' to him and he use stop what he was doing - return 1 min later but he knew. Then he started to laugh at me, well that didn't go down well. So now he has a complete paddy, sits on the floor and cries/screams! This boy is trouble and stubborn. My daughter was never like this!

El x
  • since this has been posted Elijah has started actually smacking me if i tell him no! This morning he grabbed my face and scratched it when he didnt get his own way. He has no one to copy from, cannot believe how naturally aggressive he can be!! lol x
  • When rhys has a paddy he sits on floor starts crying and throws himself forward it's so funny to watch lol
  • Brendan had a big paddy today because he managed to reach up and grab something of hubbies he isn't allowed, he started laughing as I went over to him saying 'No Brendan', and then when I took it off him he just went into a full blown red faced paddy! What a little monster they can become!
    As you say though becci it is funny to watch, they get so worked up over something so silly!! I will have to try and film one of his tantrums to show him when he is older!!

Bluey - I know what you mean about the things they just do without copying from anyone. Brendan went through a phase where he would pinch you or scratch you and watch for your reaction. If you shrieked he did it again and then made the shriek noise for you! x