Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

Dodgy fake tan

Yesterday i got a spray tan and i look ridiculous, the stupid cow doing it missed bits on the backs of my arms and legs and my hands and feet are too dark.

I just went back to the salon to complain and she tried to say it was my fault for putting my arms against my sides and rubbing it off, but when i said that she had stuffed it up she just gave me back my money, i think that means she admits it was her fault.

Does anyone have any tips on ways to remove the tan apart from scrubbing my skin off in the shower? I also fed paige about an hour after getting sprayed and where her leg was resting against my tummy she also has a tan, i'm very glad i cleaned my boobs before feeding her else her face would look like tandoori chook, lol.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Shell

Replies

• So what..you aren't supposed to put your arms against your sides after a tan! Idiots!

No idea really but have you tried make up removers? Or a long soak in the bath with loads of liquid soap instead of bubble bath?? How about those gloves you can get for exfoliating..that might help remove the top layer of skin in a non painful way
  • Oh Shell, sorry I can't help but laugh at the thought of poor Paige with tanned chops!
    Sounds like Kia's an expert in removing dodgy fake tans!?! I've only ever used Johnson's holiday skin mousturiser and got that wrong! Sorry can't help....paint stripper?!
  • Oh no, what a nightmare. Really no idea what to suggest really other than maybe looking up another salon and asking if they can help? I've only tried fake tan once on my legs and it was awful so I have never been brave enough again!
    Good luck! x
  • Just put 'fake tan removal' into google and someone suggests going swimming as the chlorine removes the fake tan - not sure how true it or how brave you are showing off your patchy tan at a pool but may be worth a try. Apparently St Tropez do tan removal cloths too so maybe another salon could advise on these?

Hope that helps!
  • nope i'm no expert..never dared try fake tan in case i go orange.

tanned chops would be funny/... it'll scare the old ladies that look in prams image