Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

hello, and thank you x

Well i thought i should pop my head in here seeing as you've all been so lovely and hunted me out in 'bereavement' thank you, it's meant a lot to hear from you whether on here or fb.
At the moment i feel like i am living in two very different worlds, the one where its happened, and the one where it's not! i am STILL waiting for answers and have no idea what on earth went wrong, originally i'd been worried i had become rhesus senstised as a stupid midwife had told me antibodies had shown up in my blood after delivery, but thankfully that was not the case - i pestered the conultant to find out as i've been going out of my mind thinking my blood killed our baby girl (we named her Angel) and would kill all others to follow. i am now stressing about other possible causes and at the moment its either (in my head and internet surfing) a 'chromosomal abnormality' - which a dr had suggested although im pretty sure that is VERY rare after 12 weeks, or, i was really sick for 24hrs, the irony of that is it was because i was taking a husband's friend's baby daughter to A&E and caught the damn thing from her! but dr said this is also rare, it may be something else but atm these are the 2 im stressing about. (oh and the thought it may be something that explains away zachariahs 'problems' too!
i am desperate to start ttc again and in a strange way it is helping me through it but i dont know if it is safe to do so yet and also as you all know it took me a LONG time to concieve both Zachariah and Angel so who knows! That and my husband is scared to the pount of not really wanting to risk it!
i am going around in circles with this and have not had much help in the way of aftercare. We had her buried as my husband was adamant this was the right thing to do, and it probably was but i have this heart aching pull to go and visit the graveall the time which is driving me insane and so unfair for Zachariah whos only trips recently have been to his sister's grave or tescos! i've yet to start up at all the groups as not really in the mood for lots of children and smiles

Anyway i hope that all of you are doing well and that no-one else has to go through this God awful pain. Hope toddlers, babies and pregnancies are all doing brlliantly and thank you again for all being so lovely. i have no idea how i could cope with life without this site it has become my life line for so many different reasons. i will try to get on more often now and then to see how you all are doing and get myself back to this thing they call life.....................

take care X

Replies

• So good to see you back on our forum, we have missed you and I know you have been in all our thoughts and prayers.
    I wish I had something to say to you that would give you the answers you are looking for or undo what hashappened. You are being amazingly brave. Try not to feel too guilty about not taking Zach to groups at the moment, it is totally understandable. Jut take one day at a time, and don't be too hard on yourself.

Did you get chance to look on the bereavement site link I sent you? I really think you and your hubby would benefit from talking to a bereavement councellor. It won 't bring Angel back or stop the pain but it will give you techniques to dealwith it all and help you move forward into the future.

I really hope you get the answers you need asap so you can start thinking about maybe ttc.

Take care hun,big hugs xxx
  • Good to see you back. It's bound to take time and you know we are here for you when you need us.

Huge hugs xxx
  • It is lovely to have you back whenever you think you can make it! I really hope you get some answers soon and have the strength to push for some after care that you deserve and NEED!

Huge hugs to you all x
  • It's good to see you back in here xxxx
  • hi nice to hear from you. take your time, what happened to Angel is devastating and not something that you should be expected to just get over and get on with your life. You need to be ready to say goodbye and let go and you have to do that in your own time. zachariah will understand and he has got you and his daddy and a little time out from groups etc will not hurt. go back only when you are ready and then the company and distraction may help. perhaps phone ahead to the group leader so she explain your absence so that when you do return you can avoid any well meaning questions?
    we have all been thinking of you. much love and hugs xx
  • Hi i havnt been on here for a while and have only just read your very sad news...Im a very sorry for your loss of baby angel and i hope you do get some answers soon...
    big hugs to you all Xxx
  • Its lovely to see you back hun xxx
  • Its lovely to see you back hun xxx
  • I know it musn't feel like it to you but you sound like you are doing remarkably well. Do what you need to do, take each day at a time and take the time to recover.

Big hugs from us too x x x
  • you are being so brave and like others have said zach won't realise that his visits are only to those places they just like getting out so if it helps you then do it! perhaps just try doing a little extra something every few days like popping park for 15 mins afterwards with zach then gradually you may feel like going back to groups... when the time is right then itll be good for you but only when your ready!!!

Angel is such a lovely name and about trying for another perhaps a bit of time will help and then you may have some answers as to what happened - that way hubby will feel much better about things if you know more about what happened...

take care xxx
  • Ah bless you. I've just looked you up on FB before coming on here, I'm glad you can feel strong enough to 'talk' to us on here...it's sometimes easier than talking to our nearest and dearest.
    Firstly, please try not to blame yourself for what's happened, Angel was destined to be with the other angels, and no amount of guilt or worry will help you in the future. Also, the internet is lethal when we want answers to health related issues...we read into things and end up with the worst case scenario. When you do decide to ttc again, seek advice from your consultant and gp, they gave my friend drugs to help her after her third mc.
    Secondly, don't beat yourself up about not going places yet...you have to grieve and Zachariah won't know any different at this age. It may help if you could speak to women in your area who have experienced something similar, your hv may help with this? Little steps to doing things like Star said would be good to help get you both out gradually.
    You know where we are, stay brave x
  • Thankyou so much. well it is hard and I feel like I'm not allowed to cry if that makes sense. It's like everyone assumes I should be over 'it' by now or sick of hearing about it or I'm not able to cry because I start them off. So I don't really know if I'm doing well or not, on the one hand I'm going out and being chatty and carefree and on the other I'm aching and trying not to look at the mum holding her newborn, knowing it would take a second to start me off-along with any gentle dig. I'm super sensitive atm which is driving me mad and wanting to be pregnant to the point of obsession! (hubby now ok about it, not obsessed like me but accepted to take the 'what will be, will be' attitude) Seeing the consultant this week so hoping for some acceptable answers. Yes web surfing was a VERY bad idea as assuming I will be able to ttc again, I am more aware then ever of the risks involved to the point I could probably fall over the edge quite easily lol! Oh to be naive again!????

I've organised to go to tumbletots on Monday (as long as car fit after mot tomorrow) and going to see how I feel and how it goes. If ok, I'm hoping to sign back on to tiny talk as all we learnt before taking time out was 'milk' and it's been sooooooooooo useful, bless him! He's picking things up so fast atm but still not really interested in saying anything but appears happy to sign which would be better than nothing.....problem will be me remembering all the signs to teach him!????
  • good to hear that youve made arrangments fpr tumble tots... even if you dont stay the whole session it will be good for zach and for you - give you something else to thinik and talk about to hubby when he is home from work... i'm sure he will love to hear that you both got out and did something fun!

soooooo dont feel like you should be over it - thats rubbish, you will never be over it but you will feel better over time!

hope the consultant has some answers for you and gives you the go ahead for trying again WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT!

xxx
  • Have been thinking of you. Cant begin to imagine how you must be feeling. Just take one day at a time, only you know whats right for you.

Angel- what a lovely name for your little girl.

Take care, Suz xxx
  • Bless you sweetheart, it is still very early days. Try not to be too hard on yourself, there is no set time scale for you to 'get over' something like this. I am 8 years on after losing Bethany and I can still find myself crying about her now. You may never get any true answers as to why but you will learn a sort of acceptance.
    Visiting Angel's grave is not a bad thing unless you start to look on it as a sort of shrine and feel tied to it. Just remember she isn't really there, she is in your heart and you don't have to be at her graveside to be close to her or for her to know that you love her with all your heart.
    Big hugs to you and a super big munchy kiss for that gorgeous little boy of yours XXX
  • Thank you.
    Consultants told me results won't be through for at least another 6 weeks which is crazy. I think with Christmas coming I'll be lucky to hear anything before the new year but we'll see.
    Thanks diva- I know she's not there but at the same time she is, sometimes I just go crazy and cry because she must be so cold, and then am cross at myself for thinking like that!
    It is getting 'easier' and zachariah is trying his hardest to make sure i've got no time to myself to think about anything- he's ill, and oh boy do I know it! Lol

Hope everyone else is ok
  • good to hear from you - cant believe you have to wait that long, worse as over xmas time you never know they may pull there fingure out and get back to you before xmas!!!

i think it must be there age - fin is a bit of handful at mo not all the time but he just wants to do the playfighting and playing with daddy is much more fun than me!!! also he's been ill and so in our bed other night and wont eat etc nightmare x
  • thanks but not going to stress about hearing anything now, no doubt when they do get their arses in gear they'll tell me the results were 'inconclusive'
    Hope fin gets better soon. It's sooooo frustrating and yes zachariah can be really rough too, I keep telling his dad he doesn't need to play such rough games with him because he's turning into a right bully. Tells what I can and can't do with a shake of the head and a scream AND even tells me where I can look by quite literally pushing my face in whatever direction he wants! Grrr..... Hope you're doing well, sorry I've not fb'd you recently but have been thinking of you, it's zachariah's bday soon so I know your edd is coming up, hope it goes well and looking fwd to hearing if it's pink or blue. Take care x

• You are sounding very together about it which is incredible really!

It is hard when the toddlers get rough - max is very bossy too everything is MINE or ME DO IT or MUMMY DO THIS! How rude :lol: I think it is probably a testing time for most of them at this age. Max bit me really hard yesterday and got the biggest shock when I was immediately very tough on him putting him straight on the floor and really telling him it was naughty and mummy was sad. His bottom lip had a real quiver on - it was the first time I have really had to be so firm and it definitely got through, he was straight over saying sorry and kissing it better.
  • Big hugs, sorry I missed this before.
    glad to hear you are doing a little better but don't feel bad for not being over Angel - you have every right to grieve as long as you need. Really hope your consultant gets his arse in gear and sorts your results out for you asap

big hugs
    xxx