Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

noah didn't eat all day.

Noah went to his childminder today and was happy as larry. wasn't bothered about been left, was smiley and giggly with them and wasn't upset or worried when my oh picked him up. BUT he was there for 6.5 hours and she couldn't get him to eat or drink anything at all. any suggestions?? it was a really hot day and i'd packed plenty of food. The only time he got upset was when she tried to feed him. he goes with his older brothar and doesn't seem distressed. we saw her at the carnival on saturday and noah was so excited to see her he started bouncing up and down in his pushchair and waving his arms about. i can't understand why he won't eat. my mum had him last week as the childminder was off and he was better with her. this is the second time he has been to her so i hope it gets better!

Replies

• oh god thats not good espeically in this heat... to be fare i think they do go off food when this hot but youd think he's have some water/juice... fin would drink all day if i let him i have to take beaker off him sometimes!!!

do you leave formula bottles aswell??? may be idea to get some cartons in incase she cant get him to eat then at least he's having something!

did he eat for you at dinner???

also perhaps it's because so much is going on there - im worried about this with fin when he goes childminder as he is easily distracted then if you try to feed when he's wanting to look or do something else he screams and seals his mouth!!!

im going for cuppa at childminders tomoz with fin to get him used to her and meet the other kids as there all off on holiday so it'll be a bit manic i guess but i need to see what its going to be like -im going to have to discuss with her his eating/sleeping issues... hopefullyhe'll be better with food in next few weeks anyway! but it takes a lot of patients and i know shes not going to have a lot of time, also napping he has always had morning 2 hour nap - 2 hours after waking well she does school run and then goes out in morning and home afternoon for kiddies to have nap...

so if she does that with him - then on my days off should i do the same???

xx
  • aah bless him. i wouldnt worry too much as long he has plenty of wet nappies as they say. the heat and the change in routine will affect him and he was probably busy playing when she got him ready for food and he may not have been interested?
    he will be fine as you said and i dont no about noah but ryan wont starve himself.

xxx
  • Oh dear poor noah. Is it the heat? Cole has been a bugger for eating lately and i think some of it is the heat - he wouldn't eat his tea last night but he ate cold pudding jar stuff from the fridge and finger foods.

It could also be the change in routine.. let us know how he gets on today
    xx
  • Bryn has been off his food too - Like Cole, he did eat some cold rice pudding though..... I'm sure its like everyone else said - a combination of things.... I know you must be worried about him but I'm sure he will be fine. Let us know how he gets on xx
  • Noah loves his food. he eats loads. he doesn't normally drink formula in the day at all but i packed some bottles of water and measured powder just in case.
    He had his 2 weetabix for breakfast and i dropped him at 9.15 and then my hubby picked him at 3.45 and he had some juice and food when he got in. its just really not like him and he didn't partcularly eat the first week either but that was zach's sports day so my hubby picked up at midday so it wasn't such a big deal.
    I guess maybe he ate enough to keep him going and it was so hot he wasn't bothered. he did sleep well that night tho!!
    He only goes on a monday and she's off next monday again as she's on holiday so he will be with my mum again.
    i guess the main thing is he's happy and that he seems to enjoy being there. the food thing will hopefully come with time.
    charlotte - i would go with what fin wants. he may well fall into a new routine but he might associate being at home having his normal routine. Even if she takes the kids out he may well nap in his pushchair.
  • Hope noahs ok - i was thinking today as been to see fin's childminder it's prob just the fact that something new is going on mixed with all these other kids, noise, someone else that isnt mummy feeding him etc... i suppose as he's not going there nexct mon that makes things worse in a way because he's not getting used to her!!!mmmm well i hope things improved or your going to worry!

Me and fin went to pop to see childminder this afternoon and ended up being there 3 hours - it took him a good hour before he started to relax, was very wingy etc up until then... all the kid were there as on school hols so there was lots and lots of big and little children but he soon started watching them and trying to go towards them, he seemed to really like the cm and was trying to crawl on her, looking and smiling at her all the time and she read him and another boy a story and played with him the whole time whilst mananging to keep all the kids under control (WONDER WOMEN)

I mentioned that at the mo he has morning sleep and she said that if he doesnt go off in pushchair then she'll try putting him down between coming back and havingh cereal and nursery run at 11.30 - i said even if he has half hour otherwise he'll be sooo grizzerly! then she said she'll give them lunch and then have a little play then put him down then - so we'll see, im sure he'll be fine!!!

xx