Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Good news!

Hi,

Had a check up with my Dr today and my test results had come back, they show the antibiotics did the trick and the Group B Strep has gone which is fab news! It reduces down the risk of me going into premature labour which is one of the things I was worried about. They are going to test me again at 36 weeks as it can come back again but as long as I have the all clear I won't need the antibiotics during labour.

Typically I have just posted the forms off to go to the other hospital that is further away but has a special care unit, think I will still keep it as that there though as I don't want to tempt fate too much!

My blood pressure is also better, it has been pretty low at 90/55 the last few appointments I have had but today it was 105/60 which is good. Not surprised it was higher actually after having the MIL over for easter she always stresses me out lol! :lol: Weight wise I am about 3lb lighter than I was at this stage with Bren which I am pleased about, now i just have to stop eating so much chocolate so I can keep the extra pounds as baby weight!

I see the midwife next week, and I will see her every two weeks now until Jacob arrives! Not long to go, I can't believe it! I've bought myself a breastfeeding pillow today so that I can hopefully make a better attempt at bf this time. I struggled to get Brendan into a comfy position so I am hoping this will help, plus I am hoping this one will be a bit more interested then Bren was!

Hope everyone else is well, I really do have to take some bump pics and put them on facebook before the bump turns back into a jelly belly!! image xx

Replies

• Yaaay - thats really good news Liz. Thats such a weight off your mind isn't it?!
    Your mil sending your bp up?? - surely not?!! lol

Look forward to seeing those pics x
  • Oh Liz, I'm so glad it's all going well. Big hugs from Maddy and me XXX
  • excellent news Liz, all looking good then image Would be great to see bump pics too!! x
  • Fantastic! - It must be nice to have a health care system that takes care of you! LOL

Don't go there with the chocolate I still have bikini fear but it doesn't seem quite strong enough tyo stop me reaching for the step ladder and getting down yet another cadbury's easter egg:lol:

I want to be thin i just want to be able to eat chocolate and drink wine too!
  • Thanks everyone, it is a big relief, especially to know the antibiotics will work if it does come back again.

lol El, if only the want to be thin was enough huh?! x
  • That's great news Liz, must be a weight off your mind (excuse the pun!). I found bf easier with both Alfie and Gracie but decided to stop at 8/9 weeks as Charlie especially (only when I had Alfie) was a right little bugger when I was feeding and thought he could get away with it as I was tied up! Then with gracie I was doing sch/nursery runs 3 times a day and bf just didn't allow me any time to do anything other than feed and drive all day! Bren is much calmer than my Charlie was so hopefully that won' happen to you! Any amount is good so don't feel pressured.
    As for weight, I've put on a pound or four since being away in Wales, far too much eating out and drinking in! lol
    Take care x
  • yey thats fab!!!!

i had one of those bf pillows although didnt get around to using as ended up feeding fin bottles in hospital for 2 days then didnt try again! really hope jacob feeds well - you'll be calmer about everything and your mum will be there to take care of bren so you can spend time feeding xx
  • Fantastic must be a great releif. look forward to seeing those bump piccies!