Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Too ill

For the third week in a row, Gracie's been too ill to have her MMR jab. First a throat and ear inf lasted two weeks, now she's got a bad cough, snot galore and 3 bloody molars coming through at once! Needless to say, she's not a happy girl, can't sleep properly, whingy most of the day and doesn't know what to do with herself, poor thing. And needless to say, mummy's absolutely knackered! Not only is mi lady ill, but Chez's bad back has meant he's been laid up nearly all week since Mon eve, not being able to do anything.
What a week!
Hope the other babies who've had their jabs are well x

Replies

• Options
    Oh and I forgot to say...the docs have sent me two reminder letters and a leaflet explaining the jab in the last 10 days or so....I think they think I don't want it done lol.
  • Options
    Awww poor Gracie hope she's all better soon. Rhys had his on Monday and has been ok since just a little whinge when had it done but fine after, though now he's all snotty yet again!!! I've never known anyone to have so many snotty noses it's every other week.
  • Options
    Snot's a real pain, ain't it?! Gracie hates having her nose wiped, screams her head off!
    Glad Rhys was ok after his jabs. x
  • Options
    Ah poor Gracie, i hope she gets better soon and you all get some rest. Elijah hasnt had his mmr yet as he was late with his 12mth jab and then was unwell last week so i wanted to give everyone a bit of respite b4 booking it lol! Will do it soon tho, hes already had measles tho x
  • Options
    Rhys is the same screams his head off when try and throws himself back to try get away. Although he loves tissues especially pulling them all out the box and shreading them up. He's such a darling baby ha ha
  • Options
    Bless her! She really has been so unlucky being poorly all the time. Poor you too! Sounds like you need some kindly grandparents to take the kids off your hands this weekend so you can have some rest!

They don't give the mmr jab until 15 months out here (they start them all later) so Brendan is booked in for his at Easter, the day before the mil arrives - what a fun time that will be lol!!

With snotty noses have you tried the saline drops you can get for them? Our hv recommended them to us when Brendan was small and a bit stuffed up, they seem to really help clear everything out of his nose.

Hope she feels better very soon, and the Chez's back is better soon too! x
  • Options
    oh poor gracie (and chez), i've also had to put zachariahs off for several weeks as he'd had an ear infection and now a 2nd cold but am hoping to get it done soon, just i really want him to be totally ok before he takes it as i dont want him to be more likely to get any effects from it. it's good your dr pesters you as mine gives the impression they wouldn't know either way if he'd had it or not (or indeed care) lol

hope you're all feeling better soon and all the other snotty totties x
  • Options
    Had a slightly better night last night, but she was still crying on and off until about 11.30pm, then didn't cry again til 5am ish. Poor thing.
    Liz, we are getting my mum n dad to have the bambinos on Sun aft, but that's not to rest....it's so we (hmmmm, I) can blitz the house as we have a viewing on Monday eve. Not much chance of a rest at all this weekend!
    I'm really relishing the prospect................not.
    W4b and bluey, I'm the same, want her to be well b4 having it.
    Becci, Gracie is of the 'tissue-shredding kind' too! Did it at my mum's yesterday, she's so quick, has about 8 out and 2 shredded by the time you get the box off her!

• Options
    ooo bless her cotton socks! fin just seems to have constant snotty nose arrrrggghhh he wipes it all over me usually when ive just put clean top on and about to go out somewhere - a few weeks ago i was at work and someone said ummmm whats that all on your top...you guessed it snot smeared over my shoulder..........................!!!! had to laugh!

he had his other jabs late so waiting a few weeks and he's got an awful hacking cough so want hi well!!!

xxxx
  • Options
    Awwww poor Gracie!! Hope she gets better soon. Its good your doctors are on the ball and sending out letters, I have had to chase up an appointment for Holly to get hers and its not till the 20th!
    Star i hope Fin gets better soon as well, its soooo horrible when they aren't well image
  • Options
    Goodness moi....I got another letter, this time with an appt for baby clinic on the 20th! I am bringing my baby to get her jabs, stop pestering me!!!!!
    But not on the 20th.....I shall have to book an appt at another time as me n Chez are off to a 40th party on the Sat eve and all the kids are at my mum n dads from Sat aft til Sun dinner and I don't want Gracie to be ill there!
  • Options
    Hello - Hows your brood now? Has Gracie stopped being the snot monster?? Is Chez's back back to normal? How did the viewing go? Think thats enough questions for now....Hope you're all ok. xx

Ps Bryn loves shredding tissues too x
  • Options
    Noah's not had his yet either when zach ahd his pre-school booster last wekk we asked if it was due and she said yes but she couldn't give it to him because of his egg allergy and the reaction he'd had to them. It has to be discussed with the dr and we may even have to go to the hospital (about an hour away in PLymouth) to have it done in case he has a reaction! Thats not very reassuring.
  • Options
    Crikey Jules I'd not even thought about that. Does it make a difference if you have them seperately? Is it just one of the vaccinations or all of them that he could react too?
  • Options
    Blimey, hope they sort it out safely for you Jules.
    Thanks Em, Gracie still not right, Chez bit better, house viewing good but kitchen not wide enough (did they not read the dimensions in the brochure?!) so no go! Hope you're all ok (and Tristan's heart is mending) too x
  • Options
    Glad Chez is feeling a bit better, hope Gracie is feeling better soon too poor mite.

Jules - have they said what kind of reaction it would be? I guess they would be ready with a shot of something to counteract it? Would probably be reassuring for you if they explained it all. When I had mine as a baby I had a reaction a few days later (not because of an allergy though) I had convulsions and ended up in hospital apparantly. Obviously it was all fine, although scary for my Mum, but when I had the next lot I had to have them seperately at the doctors and I had no problems with that. I've been a bit worried about Brendan having his but I have spoken to a GP out here and in the UK and researched online and I can't find anything that says Brendan is more likely to have a reaction as a result of me. Still, makes me nervous though! Doesn't help that the MIL has just booked to come out the same day he is supposed to be having it done! What fun!! x
  • Options
    When he first had egg his face swelled up in a big rash and he started choking because he couldn't breathe. because there is some kind of protein in the jab there is a risk he could have the same kind of reaction. When he had the reaction he was sick and once he got rid of the egg the reaction calmed down - dave took him to the dr and he gave him some allerief to calm the symptons down. He doesn't react to cake or anything else that has eggs in lthough we've avoided abviously eggy things - meringues for instance.
    I will have a chat with my dr about it but last i heard he was away for 2 weeks so will go in the week after half term.
    Do they know why yo had a reaction Liz?
  • Options
    No, they said it may just have been a bit much for my system to deal with all at once. I've luckily never had a problem with any allergies. I guess you never know whether I was maybe coming down with something anyway and the jabs just proved too much on top. I was younger too, my mum said I was only about 11 months old so that may have something to do with it.
    I'm a bit happier that Brendan will be 15 months when he has his so at least his body will hopefully be up to coping with it more. x
  • Options
    Poor Gracie... Maddy hasn't had hers yet either cos of chickenpox followed by ear/throat and chest infection. I am dreading having it done image
  • Options
    Hi Lisa - how are you and MAddy doing now?? hope your both feeling better. xx