Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

CAR SEATS

i can't remember for the life of me what size my maxi cosi is meant to be for, i think it's 13kg but not too sure, does anyone know, is it first are up to 13kg but you can buy 2nd from 9kg?
has everyone else upgraded their car seats already?

it's hard enough remembering what day it is grr!

Replies

• We just got next stage which is from 9kg. if it's a 0+ they go to 13kg. Mine does anyway n that a m&p one
  • Yes, usually first ones go up to 13kg and next start from 9kg. Gracie went in hers when we got back from Spain as she weighed 9kg at 8mth.
  • hi i dont understand the kg weight but fin had new car seat month ago and loves it, its a maxi cosi and he seems soooo comfy in it!

i could actually still use my baby one for few more weeks proberly and hubby has been using it when picking up fin from cm's...

not quite sure what to do about that when he cant fit as they are a palarva to take in and out!mmmmm

anyway happy shopping xx
  • 9kg is 20lbs (just under) and our car seat goes up to 13kg. Noah is about 17lbs so we've got ages yet before we upgrade him bless!

we got the same problem as noah will go into zachs car seat and zach will go into the booster chair we got him but its been really useful for zach to have 2 seats - to only have to swop one seat over, as i drop off and dave picks up -so constantly swopping !
  • thanks all, i was pretty sure it was 13kg so yup aaaaaages here too (8.8kg atm think thats around 19lb) i want to hold out as long as possible really as at the moment hes rearward facing and next to me and i am dreading him in the back and out of dummy plugging reach!

for people needing one for 2 cars couldnt you just get a more basic/cheaper one for the least used car i think you can get them for around 30/.40 as opposed to the mere ??120 etc! as far as i can see the only difference is side protection thingys
  • ours cost ??25 has all same protection bits as more expensive obnes only diff is u have to tie the headrest on at the right height rather than it clicking up n down, and the strap length adjuster is more awkward. it's only for use in jays car tho n doesn't get used much just saturdays really when i'm at work.