Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

me and my planning again

well, I didn;t get that job last week I was absolutley GUTTED which is why it has taken me until now to mention it again! It would have been perfect - 2 mins from Max's nursery, on a bus route so could have sold one of the cars and got rid of that loan, full time which we NEED and just a lovely school. I was basically 3rd in line and there were 2 jobs going - made me cry when she told me the only reason I didn't get it was others had more experience! I always thought my interviews let me down but she said no I had done a good interview!

So now I am still searchign for permenant full time come sept. But I am loving my secondement but the problem is that it could end at any time as it is just until the other teacher declares herself back from maternity - but at the same time she could lvoe motherhood and stay off the whole year. But I would love to be preg now again too but I can't plan it while on secondement as if I did fall I could end up dumped back on to only 2 days a week pay at the drop of the hat and we CAN't manage on it!

I am loving that so many on here are starting having number2's but I am gutted cos it can't be me yet and I soooooooooooooo want it but at the same time I know I can't just apply for any old job cos I don't want to not love it!

I am working really hard on my Usborne business too in the hope that I could give up other work totally (for now) if no 2 came along so I am shattered most of the time.

I hate having to put my family on hold cos of MONEY! We have started thinking we want to add a conservatory to our house to make a playroom so that we could live here a good 10 years - there are plenty of bedrooms over 3 floors but not much downstairs space and as max's toys get bigger we are having no living room left - so we are thinking of getting quotes for that but I have no idea where to start really!

Part of me just wants to whip my coil out and say whatever happens happens but I know that is stupid!

Replies

• Options
    Hi crafty, I'm so sorry about the job but i really am a believer in things happening for the right reasons despite not always seeing it at first.
    I really hope your book work takes off, super style and I have to say from everything you write here it sounds like you're doing brilliantly.......
    Now as for the whole baby thing, is there ever really a perfect time to have one? Would it be a disaster if you had a baby and put the conservatory off for a while? If you did a job and it turned out in a couple of months you were pregnant would it really matter? (- as far as I'm aware as long as you don't know you're pregnant when taking a job you are entitled to state mat pay)
    I just think if that's what your heart wants there's no point in planning as planning tends to lead to dissapointment, obviously it would be silly to do something you know is wrong but imo this doesn't soynd like it is. Just look after yourself and what will be will be x
  • Options
    Sorry about the job, but as w4b says, I believe in things happening for a reason...even tho it seems crap at the time!
    If you take a job within the same LEA then you'd get your mat pay no worried wouldn't you?? I know we do.
    I'd be tempted to put a time limit on getting a perm job...if not got what you want by such a date then to hell with it, start ttc. I know money's important but it's not the be all and end all.
    Keep us updated and try not to let it consume you...worry's not good!
  • Options
    i am not worried just annoyed when I think it all through! I try not to most of the time.

I totally agree that money isn't the be all and end all but we have to be able to pay the mortgate and the bills and for that I have to be full time and certainly on full time maternity.

Yep, Ali you are right if I get a job in the same authority I would get mat pay - that's where the job I didn't get was :cry: but it kind of restricts things

ANyway enough moaning! image
  • Options
    Yep mortgage and bills will always come first grrr! But with any luck you'll find the perfect job v soon and things will move fwd. Goods luck n take care x
  • Options
    Sorry about your job, how disappointing. I am also wanting number 2, but as we are moving next month and hubby definitely now being made redundant in july image theres no way just yet. (Esp having to support his other son too, it wouldnt be fair.) Am v worried. Hope you find a job really soon image xxx
  • Options
    Sorry you didn't get the job... know what you mean about mortgage and bills having to come first.

Fingers crossed there is something better waiting for you, and for bluey's husband