Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

Stage?

Just wondering, do you think its possible that Elijah is having his clingy stage now? Lately hes cuddling me all the time, hanging on me, following me everywhere. Even when oh is here and tries to play with him, he just wants to be around me. He's never been like this before, always a Daddy's boy. We have always been really close, but i just mean he's never been so clingy before.
He never went through that stage EVER as a baby either, he never cried when i left or when oh left, he was just so happy to be around people. Never had that separation anxiety.

Also, he's quite aggressive to me too at times recently, he climbs all over me (which is so annoying!) hurts me and when I tell him to stop that isnt nice he just shouts and says "yes, it is nice!" Im not sure what sort of punishment is appropriate as he doesnt seem to listen when I tell him off. He has a star chart and doesnt get his stars if he doesnt behave well with certain things, but this isnt working for the aggressive behaviour.
I generally will give him a warning that he will go in time out if he does it again, but the behaviour always seems to have big gaps of time between it, so its always like im telling him off for separate incidents with no follow through. Im getting annoyed at myself for shouting I just wish he would listen and not hurt me!
Perhaps its just all one big stage??! Any of yours doing similar things?? xxx