Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

selling stuff on?

do you sell your baby/childrens equipment toys and clothes on?

I have given lots away but I am hoping to move soon and just seem to have masses of toys to get rid of. I could also do with a little bit of extra cash as well.

Does anyone sell on e-bay? is it easy? how do you work out what post and packing to add? will the postal strike effect this? or do you use an alternate parcel delivery firm?

I organised a sale last year with some other mums to sell some stuff on which was ok but it was quite a hassle and although I sold quite a lot I was still left with quite a bit too!! there is a place locally that buy stuff but they only buy it for half of what they can sell on and are very choosy about what they do or don't buy.

any ideas welcome!

Replies

• Hi,
    I haven't sold any of the baby stuff yet as obviously still using it for Jacob and we are crazy enough to be thinking of having a third so will need it again! I do swap clothes around friends though and lend equipment that I haven't needed. It usually works out well as I get lent things in return, plus get my old stuff back!

I would def use e-bay, I sold a car on it before we moved out here lol! Works quite well, just make sure you get the postage amount right and set a reserve if you don't want the item to sell for less than a certain amount. It may well be worth looking at an alternative for postal too as you say!
    Other than that can you sell via things like netmums?

If you do sell on ebay be sure to put a link to what you are selling on here under pregnancy and baby - good audience to sell to!! x
  • I will definately have to be brave and try e-bay then!
  • Ebay is pretty easy to use but Im not sure how you work out the costs of selling. I sold a few bits on there but then a few people said they hadn't received what I had sent so I stopped, hope you have better luck than me x
  • Been thinking about this too.... but then I look on ebay and things don't seem to sell for that much and the hastle of doing it all seems to much!