Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

To those of you who are teachers

Ofstead tom - boo. Got sick, dizzy feeling, doubting everything.

Can't wait for it to be over.

Replies

• Good luck - Though I'm sure you don't need it...you'll be brilliant! Let us know how you get on xx
  • Hey, try not to worry too much, easier said than done, but I just carried on as normal and we had a ball in my class!
    Hope you get inspectors as nice as ours were and you get the result you deserve. Good luck!
  • I think the build up to it is actually worse than the inspection itself. Our last OFSTED was a light touch. We only had one inspector and barely saw him! I know it's hard not to worry but you will be fab! Just remember it will all be over in a few days then you can relax x
  • Hope all goes smoothly and remember it'll be over soon! Fingers crossed!
  • Hope everything goes ok for you today!
  • Good luck hun, will soon be over xx
  • It was a light touch. And it went very well, I wasn't seen but my year had book scrutiny. It makes a change from 3 years ago when I was seen once for 40 mins followed by 20 mins 'feedback' (full on scrutiny about targets etc). 15 mins ob at ICT, ob while doing an assembly, books looked at and intervirew due to co-ordinator role!

So we're all happy apart from the Kate Winsett type speech the head gave at our feed back meeting where she basically thanked........herself!

El x
  • Oh dear, prima dona head alert!
    Glad it went well for you! I think I had the lion's share of obs and Q'ning last time (then I did avoid it 3yr ago as on mat leave with Alfs!)
  • And another thing, probably the most horrific part.....no cakes!
  • Positively shameful! We had HUGE creamcakes on the Friday!image