Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

cradle cap

Just noticed today Oakley has got what looks like cradle cap on boht sides of his head about an inch above his ears. He didn't really have it that much as a baby so don't know a lot about it. We use Jonhsons babay shampoo and wash his hair every 2/3 days.. I tried to pull some large bits out that where not attached to the head but were stuck in the hair. - Well I pulled out the hair from the roots too:\( Bad Mummy!!! But I really hate things like that I'm def a 'picky' kind of person.

So can anyone help please?

Replies

• Hi,

You can get shampoo for it from Dentinox I think that treats it, may also be worth washing his hair more often as I think that also helps.
    He is getting a bit old for cradle cap so may also be worth getting it checked out with your GP to check it isn't some kind of eczema?

I'm a picker too, luckily neither of mine have had it too bad but Jacob has the odd bit and I really have to fight hard to not pick at it lol! x
  • My sister had it up to being about 2 and my mum used to use the dentinox shampoo on her. Rhys has never had it though so not really got much to offer, but I'm really bad at picking bits like that too lol
  • fin had it and we used the dentinox shampoo... get it from boots the bogger tescos etc i'd buy a couple of bottles not expensive and then they say to treat it first buy washing rinsing twice i think then when going just keep using it as every day shampoo... we did this until recently as didnt want it back altough fin has such long hair other people could see it only me! it has gone now BUT also just found out he does have eczema patches on arms and so it could have been a bit of that!

anyway def try not to pick as can make it sore and just wash like normal but with the new shampoo...

xx
  • noah has had it for ages and its really hard to shift completely - even with the dentinox shampoo which worked a bit. we were recomended vaseline and its brilliant. he looks really gross for the day but it soothes his head and then it comes right off.
  • The only time Maddy had this I was recommended Metanium Cradle cap cream. It's a bit messy and looks greasy but it cleared it straight away and she has never had it since.
  • Holly had it as a baby and we were told to rub warm olive oil in it. That worked quite well, keep us posted on how you get on xxx