Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Half term at last!

I know a few of you had half term last week but we broke up yesterday, or the hubby and kids did! We've got lots planned - friends over, visiting friends and rels, going to the zoo or aquarium (courtesy of Kelloggs bogof deal on at the mo!) and baking buns - that's what the eldest would like to do!
It'll be a hectic, noisy week for me and Gracie who are used to calm, serene days lol but no dashing here and there to do 18 mile school run twice a day!
Gracie also slept thru again last night (9pm, stirred at 5.50am but I put her on my chest to see if she'd sleep longer and she did - til 8am!) so hoping that'll continue!
Enjoy the weekend everyone!
Ali and the clan! xxxxx

Replies

• Options
    wow ali what a good night's sleep!
    hope u have time to breathe with all that to do next week! have a great time!
    xxx
  • Options
    Hi Ali, we are the same my hubby is on half term this week as he is a teacher! So glad he is since my MIL is coming over tomorrow so it means I am not stuck with her on my own all day!

Liz xx
  • Options
    good luck with mil liz! hope she bringing u some goodies over from uk! bet u put lots of ordersin for stuff lol x
  • Options
    Good luck Ali sounds like a hectic time! Well done baby Gracie on her big sleep!
    Liz good luck with your mil! We are off to oh's parents next weekend but Im lucky as I get on really well with them. xxx
  • Options
    Enjoy your mil's visit Liz! And Amy enjoy your trip too! After Alfie's whinging round town today I'll be needing some time off next week!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! She is bringing me some cadburys chocolate which I would normally be over the moon about but as I am still trying to lose my post pregnancy jelly belly it is only an extra temptation! She is bringing me the medium teats for my tommee tippee bottles and some more infacol though - oh the glamour of being a mummy!!

I am a happy bunny today though as we bought a new washing machine and splashed out (in the sale!) and bought a dish washer woohooo!! Both are absolutely fab and the first new things we have bought since moving out here as everything else has been second hand. Must be getting old to be getting excited about a washing machine though huh?! lol! x
  • Options
    Hubby has got the week off too..yay!! We start the week with drilling a big hole for the tumble dryer vent..what fun!!!

Liz - yes I think its a sign of getting old...I was excited about my tumble dryer!! Good luck with the MIL too!!
  • Options
    can hear the poor cats sighs of relief lol!

i think its a mum thing too this excitement as im not old yet lol jus turned 22! and was dead excited wen washer broke cos i got to get a brand new one..and then we got the drier...was like an early xmas! liz i wish i had room for a dishwasher!!

xxx
  • Options
    I must be the only one who dreads half term!! Survived it this time though, only because i escaped on Monday with my mum who was on a flying visit, spent tuesday with friends at the park, wednesday i made the kids clean & tidy their bedrooms which took most of the day, thurs we visited another friend then dumped them at their aunties while Philip had injections then park again on Friday. Unfortunately i have got out of school run routine, although i have managed to keep Philip fairly settled in his routine, apart from one morning when, god forbid, i got him out of bed for a feed and we fell asleep on the bed together with him snuggled against my chest, the first time we have been able to do this since he was 1 wk old! And it was sooooooo nice, felt like a proper first time mummy!

I had new drier in sept which i was really excited about, it's a posh condenser dryer with blue digital display, and at 1 month old it started tripping the electrics out!! After 2 months and 4 engineer visits they decided it needed a new element, after i complained that at 39wks pregnant i really shouldn't need to be on hands & knees reaching right to the back of where the condenser unit fits to clean a tiny little hole. Touch wood it has been fine since!!

When we moved into this house 4yrs ago i splashed out on new washing machine, fridge and dishwasher as everything i had in my previous flat was second hand, it's really nice to have new things, now i want a new settee & chairs but as we just had to have a new TV i might be waiting for a few months yet trying to save the money AGAIN!