Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

muller little stars, can i give them yet?

just a quick question, i've only given lo baby cereal, rice pudding and tried a heinz med. veg mix once but am tempted to give zachariah muller little stars, has anyone done that yet, or would you say its too early? thanksimage

Replies

• I give them to Holly, Im a bad mum though lol She loves them and wolfs them down! It really is trial and error but go with your instinct.
    Amy xxx
  • What are they?
  • like petit filous........ i am only more concerned than i should be because i'm not sure if i should be making him try other things first because this has 'real' milk in it
  • Deffo go with your instince, I accidently got a jar with milk in it for Holly and she was fine after that so then decided to try her with muller stars.
  • oooh goodie, i think he'll love them. especially with his little gums being so sore
  • Sam has them and he loves them too. x
  • Given Gracie petit filous but she barfed big time! Lovely image for you all there....!
  • well i gave it and he loved it practically grabbed the spoon out of my hand so he could shovel more in, shame they don't do savoury ones. thanks all
  • i got these yesterday as fin is now refusing his rusks and not the good with the fruity cereal... dont get it!!!

anyway he ate the whole pot last night - never seen him eat like that!!!

how often do your lo's have them? once a day or more???

also how do you manage to get your purees soooo smooth i have a hand held blender but it's still not proper smooth like it looks in pict in my weaning book, then he gags and seals mouth shut!!

xxx
  • Charlotte, I just add more liquid (water used to cook the veg/fruit or boiled water) to make it smoother. But Gracie likes it thick and can manage small lumps. x
  • thanks - it sounds like common sense but brains gone to pot since having lo!!! xxx
  • charlotte - i had the same problem and tried putting it thru a sieve and everything before i figured on adding more water - so don't worry its not just you! our brains have to concentrate on so many things at the moment anyway its hardly surprising. at least you've got an excuse - noah is my second so i probably should of remembered a bit of what i'm supposed to be doing !! lol!
    i bought those muller fromage frais things on monday as they are all natural ingredients (not like the cheap supermarket own brands i normally buy!!) and it says on the packet ideal from weaning onwards. noah had his first one today and wolfed it - he always does tho - he's such a pig!!
  • heehee, sounds like all our los love them ,i don't know how often i should give them either, i'd like to give them every day but don't know if that's a good idea or not, i know there's only natural sugars in it but i still don't want to damage his teeth or anything. hmmmmmm figure alternate days? would be nice to hear what others think though.
  • I give Holly one nearly every day for her breakfast I dont think there is any more sugar in one than the fruit puree's we are giving our lo's? I tried Holly with chicken yesterday and she wasn't too sure on the texture to start with but soon wolfed it down. I have been making her puree's a bit lumpier and she is getting on fine with them. image
  • oh well maybe i'll treat him, heehee. we've not started on the proper foods yet as he hasn't been too fussed but i think the time is coming now when i'll have to give it a go.

looking forward to being able to give him the muller jellies but i think that will have to come a lot later
  • I bought some petit filous today for Cole .. as they are ok from 4 months by the packaging. Thought I could eat them and give him a little taste as I like them! Big mistake.. he had a tiny mouthful and puked all down himself.. big puddle of sick in the bottom of his bouncy chair! Ofc ourse that could be cause I gave him a bit of the vanilla one..which doesn't actually say on the packet that its ok from 4 months! Oops! Still he was ok after as he managed to scoff his pear mush down while laughing hysterically at daddy!
  • gracie and cole.... may be coincidence but the 2 that brought it back up were petit filous and not muller stars.......hmmmmm
  • Anyone else gonna oblige and take the petit filous sick test?! lol
    Will swap to stars once Alfie's`eaten all the pf up and see if they're any better...!
  • heehee have to say im not tempted to find out if my baby will chuck up on me, its like knowingly feeding them badness....but seeing as it may just be coincidence if the chance arises i might give it a go because i'm intrigued heehee
  • Hiya, I give Tyler danone yogurts. They say on the packaging suitable from 4 months so I went for them. he loves them and taste just like petit filous!! xx