Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Gracie's first day

At nursery today...managed to get her and Alfie in 2.5hours after they opened lol.
She loved it! Went straight in (she used to go to pick Alfs up with c/m so knows it well) and although she wanted me to take her into the big room, once she let go of my hand, I scarpered and she didn't cry at all! She asked her keyworker 'mummy?' a couple of times, but she just said 'she's coming soon' and was satisfied. Alfie sat next to her at dinner and loved her being there, he's been really looking forward to it, bless him.
My baby's growing up...

Replies

• Awww how sweet.

Bryn should have been starting pre-school this week but it's shut - as it is we're probably going to put it off for a while as we'd only got him a place as I was due to be in hospital/recovering. They are all definitely growing up xx
  • well done Gracie! i'm going to try and get Philip into pre-school from March, they will take them from 2yrs 3mnths over the road and two people we know go there so he should recognise some faces. quite scared about it though! x
  • awww sounds fab - alf sounds extremely cute!!!!
  • ahhh bless! Noah starts pre-school on friday and I've been so nervous about him - he's just my baby and seems too little bless him!
    Now that your lo's are going to pre-school you'll be able to write in the pre-school forum! i wrote on there the other day and nobody replied (booo!)
  • Is this free or do you pay? The childminder wouldn't be able to get LO to the pre-school and I don't want him going on the 2 days I'm off as I want to do things with him, esp as it's ??9 for 3 hrs.

So don't think LO will go to preschool only to nursery just before he is 4
  • Our's is a preschool nursery, but is not attached to a school. It's not free, but cheaper than other private nurseries (and better in my experience!). The main reason we've sent them all there is because they only open term time so we don't have to pay for them being there when we're on hols anyway! Saves a fortune! Alfie got his nursery allowance the term after his 3rd bday so I hope Gracie will get her free sessions this time next year.
  • Oooh what a big girl, I'd felt zachariah was too young but I guess it's really down to too clingy so need to break the habit somehow! We have to pay before 3, I've just got my forms through though so will have to start looking around properly! Eek!
  • Really glad she is enjoying it so much! =) xx
  • Going to sound silly now but what's the difference between pre-school and nursery?
  • i think elijah would benefit from preschool/nursery but cant afford it at the moment with just hubby working. Hope we can do it soon tho!
  • The whole free thing annoys me - Oakley was due Christams eve but as he was born on 6th Jan he will get free pre-school after Easter buit will then start Nursery a term after that! So in affect he misses out on 3 months!
  • Becci, I do not have a clue!
    There they class the preschoolers as the kids going up to school the following year, ie Alfs has been a preschooler since Sept, as he goes to school this Sept.
    Other than that, don't know lol.