Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Feeling a little bit sad :(

We're getting rid of our dog today and I feel so mean and bad for doing it. Keep filling up at the thought of it. He's going whilst I'm at work cause otherwise I'd just be a big blubbering mess cause I'm such a softie. We've not had him long and he's such a lovely dog and great with rhys (he adores him and always loving him saying awww dodu (doggy lol)) but whenever anyone comes round he turns into a lunatic and starts diving everywhere. He easily leaps over me whilst am stood up, and doesn't calm down so he has to be locked in the kitchen whenever we have ppl round which isn't fair on the dog.
He also keeps escaping meaning we have to start driving round the streets looking for him( not the easyest thing to do if ur in on ur own with rhys) and it's just getting too much for us doing this. We can't have any windows open or anything cause he jumps through them.
He's going back to the rescue centre we got him from and I just hope someone rehomes him quickly as he really is a lovely dog.
I even let him sleep cuddled up to me on the bed last night I felt that guilty and he's never allowed to do that lol

Replies

• Awwwww becci, sorry to hear that, I admire you for trying though, there's no way I'd even contemplate having a ft pet as well as a child!!!!! Just sounds excitable and I'm sure he will go to a lovely new home in no time. Sorry sweetie
  • well i think your doing the right thing - i do think a lot of people dont realise how much hard work they can be... i always liked the thought of having a dog but many of my friends have them now and drive them round the bend!!! i think if there kids werent the age they are as they are bit older they would get dogs re-homed! i'm sure the doggie will get re-homed very soon!!!!

xxxx
  • Know how you feel Becci...you may remember we had to let our dogs go to RSPCA not long after G was born. We' had them for 9 years and it was a heartbreaking decision, but the right one. We didn't give them the time they deserved and although I think about them lots, I'm sure they're havinga better life than what they did here for the last few months. It was so hard to let them go, but best all round.
    Hope you hear soon that he's been rehomed x
  • aw sorry to hear that but honestly think its the right thing to do. I remember my parents getting a dog when i was small and they had to take it back as it kept escaping and going mental.
    Hope htey find him a nice new home
  • we gave him a really good write up so I'm hoping someone takes him soon. He was a lovely dog just too hyper for us. It's been so nice being able to have the windows open again in the nice weather lol
  • Really sorry i didnt reply to this before, i kept meaning to mega busy. Sorry bout your dog going! Im sure he'll get a lovely new home soon and is good at least that you wont have to worry about him escaping and getting hurt or lost. Lotsa love xx
  • Awww, you poor thing. Definately sounds like you have made the right decision although it must have been heartbreaking. I'm sure he will find a fab home soon with the write up you have given him xx