Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Who would you choose?

We're going to see Oasis in June so will need a babysitter for Rhys all day up untill late at night. Normally I'd ask my mum or my nana to watch him as we see them all time and live locally but my mum's coming too and My Grandad has just had a hip replacement so don't want to ask them as think having rhys is too much.
We've asked Jay's brother and his girlfriend to have him as they live about 10mins away from us and have said they will come to ours so Rhys can be put to bed and everything as normal. His brother only moved down here from Liverpool about 4/5weeks ago but is round quite alot and rhys loves him and his gf (gf more than bil ha ha) so am happy to leave them with rhys.
J's mum found out and is now moaning that we haven't asked her saying she'll be better as used to havein children. We didn't ask her originally as She wouldn't come to ours (she lives in the wirral which is about a 50min journey) so it would be difficult getting Rhys there and back without rushing and stressing. Also rhys has only seen her about 10times and gets very clingy to me and Jay when we go there. Would also mean Rhys having to stay over and he's not good staying places when we're there never mind without us and I don't want to be so far away if anything is wrong.
Anyway jay thinks we should just give in and let her have him. I've said I don't mind her having him if she comes down here but I don't want to have to take him up there.
who would you choose? Am I just being stuborn (I know I can be at times) or is keeping rhys at ours with his brother the sensible thing?

Sorry it's a bit long :roll:

Replies

• aaw i would go for jays sis. if its the best choice for rhys then its the right one!
    he needs to be happy, you need to know he is happy and if it means he can be in his own bed etc its much easier for everyone.
    i personally wouldnt worry about offending mil, its rhys who needs to be happy!
    hope that didnt sound rude xxx
  • No didn't sound rude at all that's the option that makes most sense to me as it's easier for everyone
  • Hi,

I agree, I would let Jays brother and gf look after him. I would tell Jays mum that you have already made plans but thanks for her offer and next time you will ask her first (obviously with your fingers crossed behind your back lol!!).
    Sounds way easier if Jays brother can look after him at your house as it means minimum disruption to his routine and it will be someone who he is used to having around.

Maybe suggest to Jay that you would feel more comfortable letting his mum babysit Rhys in the future if she saw him more often. That way Rhys would be more comfortable with her and she would know his routine better.

I don't think you are being stubborn at all by the way, Tell Jay he is outnumbered and we all agree with you lol!! xx
  • yea i agree..!! jays brother is best!! I have same prob with my lo, my oh's family hardly ever see her,yet always offer to babysit her...?which annoys me as they dont no her!they dont no her likes,dislikes,routine etc..!! i no its hard but stick to who you feel comfortable with.. xx
  • I agree, go with Jay's bro n gf. You asked them first and it's easier for you all round. Perhaps ask mil to look after Rhys for just a bit, say coupla hours soonish so they both get used to each other on their own. That's if you feel OK with that! Make up some rubbish about needing to go shopping without him and could she look after him.
    Oh and I know it's a while off, but have a fab time!