Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

baby bouncers!

hello i noticed kerry's new pic, (love it by the way image ) and i actually have the same bouncer for zachariah but he doesn't bounce, so it got me thinking are your little ones mini bouncing tiggers yet or do they just hang there? i know he'd love it if he just figured out how to do it but grrrrr he just wont listen, lol!

Replies

• my lo doesn't bounce just hangs there leaning further and further forward then i have to re jug his legs before he ends up flying!!!! my hubby holds it and bouced him to try to get him to realise but he doesn't oh well xxx
  • i know we've bounced him too, but he just gets this goofy expression all pleased he's being bounced and hasn't twigged he could actually do it himself (or maybe he has the cheeky monster!)
  • I must put Gracie in hers again, haven't done for ages!
  • I have got one -- Ophelia loved it - however we don't have any door frames that it could fit on to in this house - although Dave has suggested putting a big hook in one of the beams to hang if from there - will let you know what he does when he gets a chance to go in it - hes a wriggler so I imagine he'll bounce!

There are lots of lovely new pics of the los - we are very clever mummies to produce such stunners!! x
  • I put Henry is his for the first time yesterday since his op and he just looked like he was going to fall out of it, he nearly hit his head on the door frame a couple of times too! Not sure how stable mine is but he loved it at first but now just think he's too frustrated to stay still so gets violent!! He's started to go backwards in his baby walker and seems to prefer that! xx
  • does any of your lo's have a baby walker yet??? i see henry has.... can he get about in it???

xxx
  • Won't be getting a walker. Had one for Charlie and I'm sure it delayed him actually walking.... Didn't have one for Alfie and he walked 2mth earlier than Charlie did. Plus, don't think our floorboards would take too kindly to it!
    Do your hvs advise against having one in your area? Ours do (not that I go with them on anything as you know!) as they say lots of accidents happen in them. Don't want to put anyone off having one! Just be aware they can tip over, esp on rugs (like in my house!). God, I sound like such a goody two-shoes! You know I'm not, don't you?!
  • no i appreciate your views as i had heard bad things about them but then friends said there lo's loved it... so in 2 minds!
    hv hasn't mentioned anything but then all she does in nod, weigh fin and then thats it!
  • Holly bounces on her door bouncer and loves it, she screams and giggles. We wont be getting Holly a baby walker Im thinking about getting her an activity station though! Anyone got one? Are they any good?
  • we're not getting a baby walker as i've heard it can damage baby's back because it's making them walk before they're ready, but don't know if that's true, just decided i didn't want to risk it. hv hasn't advised either way but i wouldn't be asking her anyway.
  • Rhys twists round in circles in his bouncer. Gets so far then starts to spin back round and he loves it. He tries to bounce in it but just kind of bobs his head. Not quite realised it's his little legs that need to bounce. He loves it though and looks so cute in it.
  • Amy, we have the Leap frog activity station for Gracie and she loves it! She's just started being able to turn round in it so can play with all the toys. She even sits in it and watches the telly! I don't keep her in it for long but it's great for when I need to leave the lounge as leaving her on the rug means she ends up anywhere!
    Put her in her bouncer earlier and she just spun round on her toes like a ballerina! Not bounced yet either. Charlie was a right Tigger in it when he was little, he loved it!
  • Jack loves his Tigger bouncer. He spins round in it and finds it really funny. He likes to lick the harness thing tho!! Getting him the Fisher Price Jungle activity station next xxx
  • Don't fib ali.. we all know you do everything the hv tells you to :P

Boots have ??5 off the lindam door bouncers so I think I'm gonna get Cole one of those..my friend is fetching hers over this weekend for us to try out first though.. I think he;ll like it though cuase he'll be upright which he loves!

We don't have room for a baby walker but I think that if used within reason they are ok. Activity stations look good.. we tried Cole in one when we went up to nursery and he semeed to like it.
  • Yeah he can get around in it - moves forward in it now too. Mainly he just likes to sit there and chew on the squeeky toys to relieve his teeth!!

HV hasn't said not to have one - not heard that before either. To be honest they always find something to criticise don't they and they have used them for years!

Plus I had one when I was a baby and I started walking at 9 months so hoping it doesn't make a difference! Think as well if they crawl then that delays them more too - my mum said I never crawled - think that's because los get so frustrated not being mobile that they try harder!!

I always find it really hard to get Henry into his bouncer - perhaps I'm being dense and not doing it right but you seem to need 6 pairs of arms!

xxxx
  • I find it hard too and get us all wrapped round the straps.
  • Kia the door bouncers are great, its Hollys fav thing at the mo and would stay in it all day if she could. You should hear the noises she makes lol It is quite hard to get them into them at first but you soon get used to it.
  • Oh definately worth trying then.. it would be great to have something that would occupy Cole for more than 3 minutes!
  • Bren has the lindam door bouncer (kindly brought over by his Nan at the weekend!), he loves it and squeals in deight when you put him in it lol! He does the odd bounce but mainly dances around from one foot to the other!! Think he will probably bounce more when he gets a bit bigger as he loves being bounced on your knee. x
  • Rumbled Kia!
    I think they're fine if you use them sensibly. It's like not having a brew near your lo...just incase you burn them with it. Gracie now tries to grab the pot so I've got to be careful!
    The bouncers are tricky to get lo in and out - 2 man (or 1 man, 1 woman!) job in our house!