Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Where does lo sleep?

Gracie's doing really well with feeding and only has 2 feeds during night, at 2am and 5 am ish. Trouble is, she gets bad wind at night which she can't get up and when i put her back in her moses basket, she grumbles, chokes and sicks more often than not, This means i get her up to wind her and she wakes up. Instead of feeding her again to get her asleep, either me or hubby lie her on our chest and she goes off without any windy sounds. I don't really want her sleeping on us as not sure how safe it is. Anyone else got this problem?

Replies

• Snap.... With a combo of wind and a cold I often hold Bryn during the night - I know you're not supposed to.... I would rather he slept in his cot but I think you do what you have to do.

Have you tried infacol? I used it with his big sis when she was a baby and it helped a bit I haven't got any for Bryn yet but I think I prob will. To be honest I'm glad I'm not the only one in this situation! (sorry that doesn't sound very nice of me but I'm sure you know what I mean)

Hope you are managing to get some sleep - personally I feel and look like a zombie!!

Em x
  • Yes, I fall asleep with her on me which is the thing I'm worried about. Midwife said it's ok at her young age but like you I'd rather she was in her basket.
    Bought some infacol today so hope that helps. Poor little things!
    Bryn looks so peaceful in his pic!
  • Had same problem with Philip for a couple of nights, then found infacol!! been fine since, only thing is after a feed in the night takes a good 2 hours from him waking to going back to sleep, little treasure drops straight back off during the day!!

Not looking like a zombie yet but think the adrenaline is starting to dry up so i'm refusing to look in the mirror!!

• Both my boys were late night lovers! They'd feed on and off for 3 hours or so because of wind and poos! I'm glad Gracie's not doing that but it's only because she gets so comfy on me and sleeps through the wind! I'm getting between 5.5 and 7 hours a night so can't complain on that score! Just not great when that sleep is laid on my back when I just wanna be in fetal position!!! Call me the baby!
    Mw suggested putting worn t-shirt of mine in her basket and somehow warming the mattress up before putting her back in so it's cosier and smells of me...!
    Thanks for sharing ideas x
  • hi all,
    i have been lucky so far. ryan sleeps for four hours at a time each time he sleeps. at night he wakes for his feed i change him and put him back inhis moses basket next to me, sometimes with my hand on his tummy. he mostly goes back straight away but we have given him a dummy (only if he wants it) as he seems to need something to chew on, really chomps at your fingers or whatever he can get!
    i cant wait to get a full nights sleep although when he stirs i wake up straight away, must be instinct, but its not cries im waking up to.

at what age dya reckon he will go through the night? will he sleep through while he is breast fed or will he always wake for a feed?

i have been putting hot water bottle in his basket then taking it out just before i put him down. seems to help him settle quickly. oh i also put him to bed awake without the light on at night, and awake in his rocker downstairs in the day to get him used to day and night..!hope it works lol

xx
  • me and hubby sleep with phoebe on our chests a lot. Have no problem with wind she just won't settle. Health visitor suggested swaddling her which we do and it works for the half one feed and on and off during the day but it's the 5am feeds we have problems with. She's out like a light within minutes on our chests. I have a sneeky suspicion that she's got us wrapped round her little finger. dummies only work sometimes. We do get four hours sleep at a time but im worried she won't sleep in her cot because she knows if she cries we eventually pick her up just so we can get some sleep.
  • Just a quick moan..... Bryn woke every hour last night & every hour from 2am the night before - his cold is still bad and he's really snuffly poor little thing - plus I still haven't managed to get a sleep during the day ... even now I'm holding him - now saying I look like a zombie is an insult to zombies!!
    Sorry just had to have a bit of a whinge.
    Em x
  • Join the club Em, last night was ok but saturday night Philip was screaming from 11pm till 4am solid, unless he was feeding which seemed to be every half hour, my poor boobs were so sore and saggy, just couldn't refill between each feed. He finally went to sleep at 5.30am then woke again at 7am for a feed!

But last night he slept from midnight till 4.30, had a feed for half hour, then another bit at 5.30 then slept till i woke him at 8.30!

I've given up trying to hide the black circles & bags, problem is i now look like Morticia from the Addams Family!!
  • I think I might go for the Morticia look - I always fancied myself as a bit of a goth - might as well use the tiredness to my advantage!! lol

Hope Philip keeps up with the sleeping - last night was slightly better but only cos I held Bryn all night - at least he didn't scream too much.

Em x