Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Valentines day

Any one up to owt nice? We're going out together for the 1st time since Gracie's been born! Apart from leaving her with my mum n dad for Charlie's bowling party, but that hardly counts!
We've booked a 3 course meal in a country pub restaurant and I'm really looking forward to it!
Good luck Emalenna, we know what's expected of you!!! And prob a few more of us actually!;\)

Replies

• Options
    Well thursday is hubbys day off so I'll start the day with a lie in image

Other than that I think we'll just be going to asda and spending the day together with lo. Think hubby will be cooking a roast dinner for us though... mmmmm roast potatoes image
  • Options
    Thank you alioli!! No pressure then! What possessed me to get married on my ohs birthday which happens to be valentines day - I must have been mad!

We're off to Stratford upon Avon - a day walking about, then a meal out in a resturant and a night in a hotel - very romantic - just me, hubby, Ophelia and Bryn! lol
  • Options
    we are just treating ourselves to a Marks and Spencer dinner. Marcus is still cluster feeding on an evening so don't fancy going out to a restaurant and getting my boobs out when everyone else is busy holding hands etc!:lol:
  • Options
    Jillycat - thats the only thing thats worrying me about eating out in the evening - Bryn is feeding every hour from about 7 til 10, so we're planning on going out very early in the eve and hopefully there wont be too many lovey dovey couples about and we can find a quiet spot facing away from everybody incase I have to feed him - either that or I'll end up rushing my meal and heading back to our room asap to feed Bryn - not very relaxing! x
  • Options
    Sounds lovely, hope the weather lasts for you lot who've planned a day of it. As for getting your boobs out - if the other couples are truly in love they won't notice a thing as they'll only have eyes for each other lol.
  • Options
    I get the joy of Philip's injections on thurs so don't think i'll be getting any romance!!
  • Options
    We aren't doing anything special, I think oh will cook a nice meal but Hollys been poorly the last few days. I hope everyone else has a greeat day though!
  • Options
    Romance - whats that?!?!
    Had a few, whats the word, cuddles but thats only been when we're half asleep!!!
    Hope everyone enjoys.
  • Options
    No roast dinner for us...forgot to get the chicken out of the freezer image

hubby liked his transformers dvd and he got me vouchers for the pottery cafe cause I like to paint stuff there but its expensive & i can't afford to!
  • Options
    kia my bloke is transformers daft! For our first christmas i got him optimus prime, now he has a collection and all the dvd's and tv series. I hope he grows out of it lol

I hope everyone is having a lovely day xxx
  • Options
    Flowers have just arrived!!! (Which is a bloody good job because last year I got some crapy half dead tiny bunch of yellow flowers - which apparently wasn't hubby's fault because that was all that was left!!! Ever heard of planning ahead! Anyway he didn't get the wonderful meal I was planning on cooking him and I drank the bottle of champagne by myself!)

We are going out for the first time since lo was born, going to our local Indian across the road and although the decor is so unbelieveably dated the food is amazing. MIL is coming over to baby sit and we have exactly two and a half hours providing I can get the timing right and feed him right before we leave. FREEDOM!!!

Wishing all you ladies a LOVEly day with your little munchkins, mine is being a perfect angel (for once!)

El x
  • Options
    Mine's been lovely...baby massage, hair cut and home to 12 red roses and chocs which were left next door! May have to end up staying in tho as Alfie's ill (hub's at docs with him now). Think he'll be straight in bed and my mum n dad are sitting so i know he'll be fine if he wakes.
    Sure hubby will be delighted with his pressie - Mr Bean's Holiday dvd, who says romance is dead?!
  • Options
    My hubby took his 4 beautiful girls out for dinner (me, erin, hayley & paige, lol).

We went to the pub that has an outdoor playground for the kids to play on while we ate dinner and a lovely lady at the next table held paige for about 15 mins while we finished eating.

We don't usually do valentines pressies but since i forgot our wedding anniversary in november i got david a voucher for a mini facial, he didn't know what to say, lol.

I hope everyone had a good night.

Shell
  • Options
    wow amy - think your hubby is worse than my mate..my mate went to see the film 3 times in the first week it was out!!!!!

we went into town and hubby bought me chocolates from thorntons and some little stud earrings (i only ever wear tiny earrings) .. he's bad spending money but he was being stubborn!! he even cleaned the bathroom!!