Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Update on European tour!!

Hi ladies,

Quick update on how I am getting on!
Had a fantastic trip across europe back to the UK (from Norway, down the coast of Sweden, across the bridge at Malmo to Denmark, down to Germany, through the Netherlands, Belgium, France, then the ferry to Dover). We did have a few mornings where we weren't sure what country we were in lol! Brendan was a total star and travelled really really well, plus he has been sleeping better than ever which I am totally shocked about! He has been going to bed at 8pm, out like a light and sleeping through until 6:30am when he will have a bottle and go back to sleep until anything from 7:30-8:30am! Total bliss although I am not sure how long it lasts. I have tried two tescos for Hipp goodnight milk and both have sold out!

We had last weekend down in exeter with my hubbies brother and his wife and new baby boy Charlie. It was really nice to see them since it had been 2 years! Had a great weekened , lots of food and lovely pub gardens. I'm over with my mum now in Yorkshire, then having the weekend with my Dad, then the dreaded MIL is coming over on Sunday evening!

Legoland was fab, recommend it to anyone. I will put some pictures on facebook when I get back so you can have a nosey.
Going to get my hair chopped tomorrow and can't wait, then off to Whitby on Friday to get some fish and chips hmmmmm so much for the diet huh?! image

Sorry for the waffle but about to go and have dinner so bit of a rushed message.

Hope everyone else is doing ok xxx

Replies

• Options
    Sounds like you're having a lovely time! And what a superstar Bren's being for you, must be all the foreign air?!
    Thanks for the update, will look forward to the pics on FB!
    Enjoy the fish n chips!
  • Options
    Awwww sounds like your having a FAB time!! Glad Bren has been a good boy for you, it makes all the difference. Hope you continue to enjoy your holiday and look forward to seeing the pics soon xxx
  • Options
    Glad youre all having a nice time. Enjoy the fish and chips. Do you go to Magpies for them? We do. Take care xxx
  • Options
    glad you are having such a great time! hope your dad is doing well. don't worry about the mil- she'll be too busy having a great time with bren.
    take care - enjoy the rest of your holidays and safe travels x
  • Options
    Oh sounds like you are having a great time! Enjoy the rest of your hols
  • Options
    Ditto to everything above... Look forward to hearing about the rest of your hols when you get back. Take care x
  • Options
    Sounds like you're having a fab time! Bet its great that Brendan has been such a good boy? Enjoy all that sleeping you're getting! Oh yeah- and enjoy the chish n fips! yummmmm

• Options
    Glad Bren is being such a good boy for you and sounds like you are having a really great time. you do realise we are all craving fish and chips now from a proper seaside chippy!!!!

Enjoy the rest of your break. xxx
  • Options
    oh good boy bren!!! mmmm fish and chips it's only 10 am and i could eat that now!!!
    sounds like your having fab time - lego land is fab isn't it i went when i was younger can't wait to take Fin when he's a little older!

xxx
  • Options
    Well, had a weekend with my Dad and it started off good but then Saturday Bren starting with really runny nappies and not being himself and in the early hours of Sunday my hubby was running back and forth to the loo being sick, then my brother, then my Dad. Not good!! Only person who seems to have escaped it is me!!
    So spent all of Sunday looking after poorly people, everyone is ok again today except Bren still has very runny nappies so I am taking him to the doctors this afternoon just to be on the safe side.

Had a good day in Whitby on Friday though and yummy fish and chips in Mr Chips! Highly recommend it to anyone who visits whitby.
    Got the mil over now, not been so bad so far although she did go in and take Bren out of our bed when he was next to hubby this morning when I went for a shower!!

Hope all ok with you all. xxx

• Options
    Oh dear Liz, holiday tummy in England!! You sure it wasn't the chippy you're recommending to us all?! lol
    Hope your dad's ok and the mil's behaving....
    Enjoy the rest and hope Bren's ok at the docs.
  • Options
    Oh no liz... what a nightmare! Hope everyone is feeling better soon and hope you don't get it!
  • Options
    Hope Bren's feeling better soon and enjoy the rest of ur holiday x
  • Options
    oh bless you - at least you still managed to visit whitby and get your chips! mil's arrrggghhh!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    Well.... there was a positive to the tummy bug - mil got it and spent all of yesterday in bed! =) lol aren't I mean!! Me, hubby and Bren had a lovely day at the Butterfly garden in Roundhay Park Leeds without her! =p xxx
  • Options
    PML Liz thats well funny!! Glad you all had a lovely day image Has everyone else recovered now? xxx
  • Options
    hehe!!!!!!!! xx
  • Options
    Oops! A day in peace tho! x
  • Options
    Lol! glad it gave you a good day out. x
  • Options
    trip sounds good I hope you have all recovered from your bug now love the way of getting a break from the MIL