Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Baby Names???!!!??? HELP

2»

Replies

• i'm glad you posted this as i know i'm only 16 weeks but been trying to think of names - loads of girls names to choose that i love but i'm thinking i'm having a boy and cant find any!!!!!!!!!

ones that have been discussed are Cameron, Issac, Jacob.......

where would you draw the line if someone you know but not like major friends with but my best friends very good friends lo is called a name i like - he is 6 so not near in age etc???

other names people o know used are: Kyle, Reece, Corey, Joel, Ruuben, Lucas, Luca, Charlie

or what about Ethan, Seb (Sebastian) Ellis............

• My boys are called Oliver & Samuel, so not very unusual there, but here are a few suggestions for you:

Rudy
    Sebastian
    Frankie
    Finlay
    Lincoln (a friends sister had this one)
    Devon
    Dexter
    Hugo
    Rio

Hope they help....If I had another (big deep breath) I like Harry, Jacob & William.

Bec x
  • Right i have had lots of suggestions im going to write them all down and ask oh's opinions!!!!

I am really fussy about my children not having the same name as anyone i know lol even if i dont no them that well as where i live everyone pretty much knows everyone and there have been many fallings out over baby names pathetic i know but i dont no if i can be bothered with that hassle!!!!

xxx
    37+1 (and still no definate name haha)
  • I like joshua too but hubby didn't, and he wasn't keen on jacob as a first name but managed to persuade him for coles middle name image
    Sorry but i think Beau sounds more like a girls name!!

I'm definately with you feebie about not having same names as people you know - its just not right.

I have a boy name picked out if we have another baby.. but its a secret as hubby doesnt know lol image
  • how did you get on with oh and name suggestions???

i sat looking on internet last night and couldnt find any and we've disgurded the ones that were possibilities so it was back to drawing board...

i had a middle name Mason which i really liked and it's my nans family surname so means a lot to them anyway when first suggested it to hubby he wasnt that keen but then said it last night and he was like mmmm yeah that could work so thats the only one at mo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Baby name books scared my hubby (there were some very weird names in there) so I ended up looking through adn writing down my favourites and then he went and crossed out teh ones he didn't like - so all the shortlisted names were ones i liked in the first place image

Mason is a good start though - now all you need is something that goes with it. I've lost my boy name list that i brought in here the other day. else I'd write some down - I really need to tidy my desk!! How about archie? Alfie? Robert
  • ooo thats a good idea like you said then at least i will like them all an hubby will think he's choosing
    !!!!!!!!! really like both alfie and archie but our friends dogs are names them...........

Def now thinking Mason as first name

• I haven't had chance to show him the list yet,but he did suggest Jetson (jet for short) earlier but im not sure!!!!!

My Godmothers dog is called Floyd so i wasnt so sure of that to start with but i dont see them that often so its ok lol
    xx
  • Jetson? Erm..sorry but its ounds like something off futerama!
  • Jetson isn't bad but kia is right, there used to be a cartoon called 'the jetsons' which was basically flintstones but futuristic with flying cars etc.

2 more names I've come accross albie and brodie image
    You can't have long left now can you? Eeeeeeeee
  • haha maybe that one will have to disapear from the list lol :lol:

I've got just over 2 weeks left image

xxx
    37+5
  • Well, here's a new one...my friend had a baby boy this week and they've called him Story. They are both in a band and very musical, so quite apt really. He looks so cute on FB!
    Btw, I love the name Freddie, but haven't used it as my dad's Fred and really, if we were to use it, it should've been for our first ds Charlie! Good luck on the last stretch! Look forward to hearing what you call Floyd's baby bro...could always plump for Lloyd....??!! ha ha
  • Feebie if you like the name I don't think it's a good enough reason to ditch it, not sure if programme even runs anymore! 2 weeks? My giddy you must be getting impatient now or are you crossing your legs til you've got a name? LOL hope it goes well for you image
    Ali, story? It sounds strangely nice but personally I couldn't do it! Heehee