Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The Arrival of..............

Happ New Year

I gave birth to Daisy Mai on 13th December at 18.57 weighing 6lb 14oz.

I had quite a traumatic day with slipping on the ice at 9.30am, got a sweep at 1.30pm and she arrived at 6.57pm - i was at Melton hospital , and they can only do straight forward births, and with every contraction i was dripping with blood down below, so i had to get an ambulance (blue lighted) to Leics hospital, my oh was'nt allowed in the ambulance so had to drive!!! - so within in 10 mins of him getting there she arrived. When i was on the labour ward some women tried to pinch my slippers to use for the loo - how cheeky - i have to laugh now, but at the time i was fumming - it was 1.30 in the morning and i had just got little one to start breast feeding - and the curtains where all around me !!!

Since her arrival we have struggled with bf, and then there has been christmas - visitors - and i have been crying loads feeling i cant cope - its only now that things are strating to settle down. - So im having 5 mins to my self. - But i would'nt have it any other way, and have no regrets. But it turns your life upside down - i dont know if any one feels the same or its just me.

Congratulations to every one who has had there buddle of joy - a good luck to the ones still waiting - not long now.

S x

Replies

• Huge congratulations to you, sounds like you had a very traumatic time! Im glad to hear you are getting on well now! Im sure we are all glad christmas is over now and we can start getting back to some sort of normality! xxx
  • congrats sylvie, sorry to hear u have had a rough time, but you are really not alone. i hope things get easier for you soon and yes i feel like my life has been turned upside down too. i try not to thinkabout it toomuch. i find it easier to try and get on with it and ignore all the random thoughts in my head and it does help as i know for me its hormones.
    have a brilliant 2008 with daisy mai xxx
  • congrats to you and hope youre enjoying things now xmas is out of the way x
  • Congratulations - sorry you had a traumatic day - know what you mean about Christmas and coping with it all..... but pleased to hear your doing well. Hope you have a lovely new year with Daisy Mai. Em x
  • congratulations
    hope you are feeling better now
  • congratulations! xx