Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Too much ...

moaning from me on here of late so here is a happy post!

Max is walking independently so we went and bought him his first shoes on Saturday - we had to go to a lovely little independent shoe shop as he is too little for most clarks shoes. They were fab with him and do a loyalty scheme where you get the 6th pair of shoe for free and they said try them in the house for a week and if he doesn't get on with them then they'll change them etc etc - they were just great! It is so cute to see him toddling round and after all the worries about him being prem and possible delays etc he hasn't had any it's just fab!!!!

He is also loving nursery and is WAY more settled there and totally coming out of his shell - 2 of the workers in his room have openly admitted they fight over who looks after him or changes him or puts him to sleep etc as they love him so much :lol: he's got the ladies arguing over him already image

He's got 4 more teeth (top fronters) coming thru and is going to look even more cute with them! They are all breaking through together though with is a bit cruel! So we have had some grumps over that!

See there are lovely things in my life too! image:lol:

Replies

• I thought something bad had happened looking at the title...lol. Ah its lovely when you can appreciate all the nice stuff youve got, sounds like Max is becoming a lovely little boy. I really wish Elijah was walking! All the health visitors always act like its a huge problem. He has his front four teeth, they came really early & yea look really cute! image xxx
  • yey - well obviously being pre hasn't ade any difference to his learning! fin is walking everywhere now and has his clarke shoes - going to get him some reins so can walk outside more!

xxx
  • Ahh, sweet! Gracie got her first pair of 'proper' shoes from our local shoe shop who are brill. She's now started trying to run which is funny!
    She's cutting a molar now (way too early, I thought they typically came at 2 years old?!) which is not good fun. Woke lots last night crying...

Bluey, what a load of rubbish that your hvs are concerned Elijah's not walking! My first was 14.5 m and my friends ds was 17.5 m. They walk when they're ready like with everything else!

• thanx ali youve reassured me. You know when youre not concerned but then someone makes you feel like you should be. I guess i was expecting him to walk as i did at 9mths! But actually thinking about it i think my hubbys mum said he was 2!! lol. Which ones a molar btw? xx
  • oh and just to add my friends lo didnt even think about walking till about 14/15 months!
    have you got any of those push along things like an A frame walker or a sit on car with handle at back - thats what helped fin pushing them about a bit! not alot but it seemed to help! But saying that he will when hes ready and the one thing ive learnt and still trying to learn is they will do things when they want however much we try to teach!

xxx
  • he has a walker Star but it tips up alot and he thinks its a slide lol. He lays on it then slides his whole body down. Push along car is great idea, i am gonna look in argos catalogue now xx ps i really think with elijah that its about the fact he can crawl so fast and walk along the furniture so well that when you try and practice walking with him, he just wants to get there fast, so he crawls
  • Ladies fighting over him already - dear oh dear - he's gonna be a heartbreaker!!!
    we got noah some shoes recently as although he's not walking independently yet its just too cold out not to have something on his feet and he'd grown out of all his 'baby' soft shoes. Luckily our local shoe shop had a sale and i got him a pair of brown boots reduced from ??30 to a fiver.
    Sounds like he's really settling into nursery - i can leave noah at the childminder - he used to cry when i left him, fuss all morning, be fine in the afternoon, then cry when its time to some home but now he just gets fussy when he gets hungry for lunch and cries when its time to come home!
    xx