Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

alfies birth story

I've finally got a spare 10 mins so thought I'd get this wrote out.

Well monday 22nd (night before my due date) I went to bed with a few niggles but thought nothing of it as I'd been like that for the 3 weeks befor, but when I woke in the night I noticed I was getting pains in my back every 10 mins. Although they were regular they weren't even lasting 30 seconds and weren't painful really either so tried not to get my hopes up too much.by about 4am though I was getting quite uncomfy so got in the bath where I stayed for the next few hours.

By the time jay got up for work it was quite obvious he wasn't going in but he needed to drop the van off. As I had such a long labour last time and I wasn't in a particularly huge amount of pain we presumed still had pleanty of time but I didn't fancy being on my own with rhys. ;ay dropped us at my mum's then was going to drop the van off, go home, pick the car and bags up and then meet me at my mums.

When he left - still wasn't in a huge amount of pain and that was about 6.30 but by 7am the contractions really stepped up and were every 2 mins. - was starting to struggle with the pain. Rang the hospital and they told me to get there asap. It was rush hour and the hospital is the same route as the city centre so it took ages to get there and I was in agony. Have to say was the worst part.

When I got to the hospital at 8am I was 6cm with a paper thin cervix. - was hooked up to a drip due to having strep b and shortly after jay arrived minus the baby bag lol!!! Ended up getting my cousin to come pick the keys up and picking it up for us ha ha.

Once off the drip I got onto the birthing ball leaning back against jay. The mw was lovely and kept telling me how calm I was. - also had a student paramedic witnessing her first birth. My mum and jay loved it as everything was really explained to them but I was just in my own little world so wasn't paying much attention.

Eventually I got the urge to push but as my waters hadn't gone everyone was warned to stand back as when they went they'd go everywhere lol.

Alfie james was eventually born at 11.07 weighing 6lb 14 and was actyally born still inside the amniotic sack which was very weird to see. Its supposed to be lucky for both baby and mw. I had a small graze but didn't need any stitches.

Doing really well. Rhys adores being a big brother. Jay's just gone back to work today though so may feel completly different by the end of the week ha ha.

here's a pic for those who aren't on facebook.

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs455.ash1/25063_323407913558_634853558_3423491_8207374_n.jpg

Alfie James about 7 hrs old

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs490.ash1/26771_10150090069930291_572200290_11181470_1892101_n.jpg

Rhys giving him cuddles x

Replies

• replied on your other thread!

But congrats again - sounds fabulous! image
  • Advert in the way of some of the text - grrr. But got the general picture. Sounds like such a positive birth story image love reading them. Good luck for the week on your own hon! Roll on the weekend
  • Thank you for sharing (pity the ad got in the way!)- it seems a so long ago I was writing Bryns birth story!! Alfie is totally gorgeous Becci and the pics are lovely. Big hugs xxx
  • Oh stupid ads wrote it on phone so they don't come up on there lol.
  • Awww, such gorgeous boys! Fab birth story, how amazing he was born in the sack, that isn't too common is it? Also means no risk from the Group B Strep either I guess - although of course you had the antibiotics anyway like I did!

My hubby managed to leave the bag I had packed with the baby stuff as well, despite me showing him I had packed one bag for me and one for the baby several times before hand!
    Glad you had a nice quick labour this time xxx
  • Aww, don't your boys look so good together? Hope it's all going ok. Big hugs XXX
  • oh wow - that sounds like good labour and on your due date!!! hows it all going? are you getting some sleep? loving the piccies - im going on fb to look at some more!

xx
  • Lovely stuff! It is lucky to be born in the sack (is it romany gypsy in decent??) so double clever boy being born on his due date too!
    Hope your Alfie's as laid back as mine! Bet Rhys loves being a big bro. Have lots of fun with your boys! x
  • Ah well done again Becci, sounds like a good labour, never heard of baby being born in sack before, wow xxx
  • what beautiful photos - congratulations!! x
  • bloody ads covering it but what an amazing birth! wow!
    gave me goosebumps
    huge congrats becci
    u have two beautiful boys xxx