Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

Counting

Recently I have been counting with Elijah when hes playing with his bricks. So i'll say 'One' and then he'll say 'Two' and then I say 'Two' and he'll say 'Three' (or 'free'!) Sounds rather boring but this morning he was sitting in his chair eating breakfast and he was looking at the bit that straps him in which has three latches and he pointed at them and said 'One, Two, Three'! Altogether! I was well proud. He wont repeat it since though lol x

[Modified by: bluey on 01 June 2009 09:24:20 ]

Replies

• Oh my goodness thats fantastic! I do the same with holly, and count her fingers when i wash her hands, but her speach doesnt seem to be anywhere near pronouncing numbers!

Well done Elijah!
  • wow that's great what a clever little boy. Rhys copies the "sounds" of numbers (not quite pronouncing them properly yet) and points to his fingers at the same time.
    On a couple of times he's picked up a blue or red brick and said the right colour but I just think it's coincidence at the minute ha ha.
  • Wow! That is so clever! Bren is no where near that with his speech, the latest word he has finally got is shoes - although it is more 'soos'!! He does go and get Daddys shoes though and take them over to him when he wants to go outside and play which is very cute!! x
  • sooo cute! fin says two - it started by me saying one shoe two shoes, one sock two socks etc... so i say one shoe and now he says two - havent gone any further yet....

fin seems sooooo clever at some things and seems advanced but then reverts to baby mode for sleep time and feeding - arrggghhh!

• Wow! What a clever boy!
    No counting in our house, just climbing huge slides, stair cases to the top, eating mud and generall being a typical boy! Somebody tll her she should be a girl in pretty dresses and pig-tailed hair! She has such a deep voice too, and broad Lancastrian 'ere yar' and 'ere yer go' are my faves!
  • aww ali how cute lol
    Rhys is a ty[pical boy been playing in the garden with slide,paaddling pool, sand pit etc and what does he do - dig in the soil and play with bugs lol
  • Your toddlers are all so clever! Although zachariah recognizes the sound of numbers he def can't say them let alone count them! Woweee well done Elijah
  • what a clever boy.
    Cole is nowhere near counting yet..he'd rather be climbing dangerous places and being a monkey lol. Oh and not sleeping. yawn
  • wow what a clever little boy Marcus is nowhere near that yet. Like Cole he would much rather be climbing places and getting into mischief
  • I can't believe how clever and cute all our kids are!! Holly says can count to 3 and has a lot of words but the down side is she NEVER sleeps lol
  • Maddy's the same, counts to three, points out body parts, says hair, nose, shoes, I don't know, goodness me, here you are, there it is, all gone....etc... and then still gags on lumpy food and doesn't sleep through!! Lol