Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Very pleased with ourselves!

What a day, and for once, for good reasons!

We sold our Grand C4 Picasso today to wewillbuyyourcar.com and thought they may knock down the original price offered over the net, but they didn't. So we sold the car and had it taken away then went to a garage to look at a Mondeo which had just come on autotrader at a ridiculously low price and ended up buying it at trade price! The muppets had advertised it at trade price, which was ??1000-1500 underprice!!! My uncle works for the same company and said we were jammy sods who'd got a cracking deal!

Plus, I got a lovely surprise opening the post today....a cheque for ??1193 from the taxman! Apparently, in the year Charlie was born, they didn't pay out Child Tax Credits correctly so with only a day to go, we filled out a form at the end of Jan and forgot all about it. Such a nice feeling to get something back!

Oh, and we get 7mth road tax back...every little helps!

Should I be buying a lottery ticket ot what?!?!

Replies

• Options
    Definately to the lottery ticket! Send some luck our way too please!!!!

After your luck over the last few months you both deserve some good news! x
  • Options
    Wow lucky you!! There must have been something in the air as we got our tax forms back (you get them every year over here and usually you are owed something back but it is normally about ??50) hubby is owed the equiv of ??3,200!!!
    We couldn't believe it at first but when I checked back over his payslips I realised for some reason he had been put on a much higher tax rate of 36%, when it is normally abuot 32% so he is definately owed the money. We will get it in June which is fab timing! Think we are going to pay off the rest of the car loan with it.
    Also explains why we have been finding this last year harder money wise, he has been taking home about ??200 less then he should be every month!

Lets hope luck is in the air for all the Dec mummies! xx
  • Options
    lucky u can i have some of ur luck lol.
    We hd a nice day too yesterday we got ourselves a new little dog thats gorgeous but not come up with a name yet.
  • Options
    Awww, how loveley! What breed of dog is it? x
  • Options
    oh please blow the luck this way. we have just saved enough to pay off our bed, so hooray to that...lol. how depressing x
  • Options
    it's a staff crossed with something else . Not sure what thoughcause he's a rescue dog. Got a 3 week trial with him to see how he is around Rhys but so far he's just sniffed at his feet and not been bothered. Rhys just keeps shouting Doddy at him and ffff (woof)
  • Options
    Awww bless him! Brendan loves dogs too! So nice getting a rescue dog too.

Bluey - sending lots of luck your way, you must be way overdue some! I was reading something about the power of positive thinking a few months ago. Not sure I believe it but I decided to think positively yesterday when I went to check the post and imagined a nice big cheque in there - wasn't a check but was hubbies tax form!! Prob a huge coincidence but I will be doing it again just in case it works lol!!
    By the way we watched Man on Wire the other day and it is fab! xxx
  • Options
    Brill news Liz! Chez too has been paying too much tax and we're waiting on that. Plus, he got his threshold so that had to be backpaid since Sept, that was a nice chunk last payday for him!
    A little doggy, how cute! Has he got a name yet??
  • Options
    Yes Liz will def try and think positively when waiting for the mail lol. Have been trying to do that this past week living here image
  • Options
    Wowee no harm in trying the lottery. We've had good luck here too - a free mc chicken sandwich from the pull off monopoly tabs at mcD woohoo! LOL
    Having said that we've been free of bad luck for a while ( cross fingers/ touch wood etc) so all is good in the w4b hsehold. Lots of lucky wishes to all
  • Options
    wow can you pass your luck this way - just a little bit! were skint, and to top it off car broke engine etc the lot so very stressed!!!!

xxx