Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Happy! Plus 'reasons to NOT have another!'

My sil just went for her 4d scan and she's def having a girl! Her first daughter after 2 sons and a mc and our first niece (well, one we'll see anyways!)!!! Quite funny really as her choice for names was ours at some point too - Harry or Katie! And if she's early she'll be in the same school year as Gracie. Happy days!

[Modified by: alioli on 26 June 2008 07:37:30 ]

Replies

• oh, thats lovely news! x
  • congratulations how exciting, nice she got a good 4d scan too
  • That will be so lovely for Gracie having a little cousin to play with... Huge congrats x
  • Lovely news - great little playmate for Gracie!
  • Awwww thats fantastic, doesn't it make you broody?? My cousins having a little boy on the 8th of July image
  • Awww that's lovely x
  • oh how exciting!!! new buddy for gracie... xxx
  • Yeah, i'm quite a broody person! Will look forward to cuddles but know that i won't have all the newborn nasties (sore boobs, sleepless nights, bloody bleeding for weeks, an even jellier belly than now lol, the list goes on!).
    Be great for Gracie, and those 2 girls will prob kick the 4 boys' asses! x
  • Thats great for Gracie!

For all those that are broody but arent having anymore we'll have to start a list of why we shouldnt do it again lol:

1) V painful backache

each of you carry on with the 1 thing that sicks out in your minds!

x
  • Oh easy
    2) Heartburn ( makes me pull faces thinking of it!)
  • Oh Kerry, you pinched mine!
    3) No sex when big bumped (both put right off until desperation to get her out set in!!!) or for a while after birth!

Sorry, trust me to lower the tone!
  • 4) i think the whole experience of giving birth is a good deterrent! lol,

not good enough though as im not stopping at 1! lol! however if number 2 is as bad then it will definitely put a stop to the prospect of number 3!
  • 5) Clothes not fitting properly and feeling like a balloon!!

6) Being hormonal all the time!

7) Not being able to wear heels
  • 8) SPD

9) Carpal tunnel syndrome

10) Leaky boobs

11) PND

12) The cost (it doesn't get cheaper with each one - i'm sure of it!!)

13) In the years to come - how many terrible twos do you want to go through?? How many teenagers do you want in the house??

14) Remember going out without having to take a changing bag??

15) Everything that Ali said

Ooooo I think thats about it for now.. sure I can come up with some more!!!
  • ... and yes - i would still have loved more!! Mad fool that I am x
  • lol Em me too just trying to persuade my oh, Im even getting jealous when I see people with bumps! Its madness lol
  • Aw... another lo to spoil! image And a playmate for Gracie is good too..

16 - constantly being covered in drool
    17 - the washing machine never being off
  • 18 - being sick every day for 14 weeks
    19 - sleepless nights (still)

and all the others..........

but now worried as hubby has said a few times now thats it no more, i'm like you have to be joking i know me i couldn't just have one!!! i said last night you arn't being serious are you and he said yes... i was like what not even when he's a preschool.................

xx