Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Roseola

Just had to take Bryn to the emergency doc as hes had a high temp and now has a rash on his stomach and legs - was told it was roseola and that it was very common :\? - made me feel like a neurotic mother! I've never heard of it before. Nothing they can do though - just got to give Bryn calpol every 4 hours - trust him to be ill over the bank holiday when the doc surgery is closed - don't like seeing a different doc!! Hopefully he'll feel better tomorrow and we can get out for the day.

Hope you all have a lovely bank holiday weekend x :\)

Replies

• Options
    Poor Bryn, get well soon! I've a vague recollection of reading about it sometime but wouldn't have a clue what it is etc. Hope he's better soon x
  • Options
    Oh poor bryn, and you bet you were worried! so what is it then? i've never heard of it - if i saw a rash of any kind think id be done the docs... xx
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.... Apparently its a viral infection which can be air borne..... it usually starts with a very high temp and then a rash but Bryn seems to have the temp and the rash at the same time - gona keep an eye on him as I wasn't really confident in the doc I saw. He's lying on his play mat with just a summer romper suit on to try and keep his temp down (Its age 6-9 months but I don't think its going to fit in the summer as its a pretty good fit now!) x
  • Options
    Oh dear poor Bryn..hope he gets well soon.
    I've never heard of roseola either tbh.. and just because its common doesn't make you a neurotic mum just a ccaring one
  • Options
    Poor Bryn - get better soon. x
    Emily had this when she was 9 months - I woke up on my wedding morning to her having this rash!!! That was fun!
  • Options
    Hi, Paige has roseola too, she came out with the rash last thursday but hasen't had a high temp with it though.

Apparantly the incubation period can be from 5 to 15 days, which would explain why she's been a misery for a couple of weeks now, lol.

I'm finding the hardest part of having a sick baby is that it's put a stop to me trying to get her onto a bottle because i don't want to upset her any more than she already is, it's so frustrating.

Hope Bryn is feeling better soon, Shell & Paige.
  • Options
    Awwww what a shame, hope Bryn gets better soon, you did toally the right thing by taking him to the doc's I would have done the exact same. I havent heard of it either but now know what to look out for.
    Amy xxx
  • Options
    Thanks everyone - Is Paige ok now Shell?

Had a heck of a day yesterday - Taking Bryn to emergency doc with roseola (which now includes having a very upset tummy - sorry tmi); Ophelia crying all the time because she's constipated (despite eating loads of fruit) and then had a phone call in the eve to say Tristan and his girlfriend had had an accident and were waiting for an ambulance!! Left oh with 2 los who were thankfully in bed by then and rushed over to the hospital. Got home just after midnight. Could do without too many days like that though!!

Hope everyone else is enjoying the bank holiday x
  • Options
    Oh my god... i hope all kiddies are ok!!!!
    xx
  • Options
    Oh no - hope all r o.k x
  • Options
    Oh no Emma, hope everyone is ok
  • Options
    oh emma

how are they all
    is tristan ok?
    hope its nothing serious..

xx
  • Options
    Tristan's ok thanks - they were larking about and fell - His girlfriend got a bang on her head (lots of blood and a big bump)...Tristan was in shock and is brused - she mostly fell on him - he didn't manage to save her head though! Poor lad doesn't 'do' blood and passed out! x
  • Options
    What an eventful BH weekend! Glad he's ok, not that passing out would've done his street cred any good, or don't kids give a wotsit about that these days?!?
    Hope Bryn's better and Ophelia's no longer in pain too.
  • Options
    Paige's rash went on about day 4 and her temps been good most of the time but she's still a bit grizzly and clingy.

Hope your lot are all doing better now too, you've had your hands full, lol.

Shell
  • Options
    Ali - he didn't seem to bothered about it - just thought he'd let his girlfriend down.

Shell - did Paige go off her food? Bryn is only having about half of his bottle each time. Hes also really fidgety - not sure if the rash is itchy but I'm guessing it is.

• Options
    Bless him, you've brought him up well there Em, thinking of his girlfriend over himself. He'll be starting his GCSEs soon won't he? It's 15 years since my first exam around now - gulp!
  • Options
    Sounds like you have had one hell of a time Em! Hopefully things will start to settle down and Bryn will get better quickly x