Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Good news, bad news

Was really happy yesterday as my friend asked me to be Godmum to her daughter! It's my 1st time and i feel very honoured.
Later on i got some bad news...my friend from Uni has had 2 miscarriages since the new year, which is so sad. Feel quite emotional today and thank my lucky stars i have my 3 gorgeous babies. (tho i can't call Charlie my baby anymore, he has a right strop!)

Replies

• Options
    It is an honour to be a God Mum, I am to my best friends little boy and it was my 1st time too. Congratulations

Sad news about your other friend though, I can't imagine what she must be going through, it certainly makes you realise how lucky we all are.
  • Options
    Wow what an honour to be a god mum image Congratulations.

Very sad news about your other friend like Rachel said we are all very lucky! I can't even begin to imagine what she is going through. xxxx
  • Options
    your poor friend - my friend had 3 miscarriages but now has 2 lovely children. i know your friend will never forget whats happened but i hope she will have better luck in the future. xx
  • Options
    Congratulations on being godmum - I'm godmum to 2 of my neices - not a very good one though, not like Ophelias godmum - she spoils her rotten!

I feel for your friend - I know how it feels to lose a baby and I don't really think there are words to describe how empty she must be feeling - I hope that very soon she will be as blessed as we have been .... we are all very lucky to have such beautiful healthy children x
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, just had to share both bits of news as both made me cry! My friend has a dd just a month older than Alfie and i knew she wanted more so it was sad to hear. She's being positive and is gonna wait 3 mth as doc's recommend.
  • Options
    Congrats on being a godmother. I have 2 1/2 godkids image (the half is because its not official...family politics meant my cousin had to ask her sil, but she really wanted me!)

Sorry to hear about your friend.. I know how hard it is - and we are all lucky to have our lo's