Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Christening outfit

We're finally getting round to getting the boys christened and I've seen some lovely cute outfits for Alfie but nothing at all for Rhys. Everything I've seen would just look silly on him. Any ideas of places to look for a nice little outfit for him?

Replies

• I've just got Brendan a really nice suit via amazon for my step sisters wedding in July. It was about ??30 and is a five piece suit with well elasticated trousers. I'll try and find it again and send you the link if you are interested.
    Otherwise have you tried Next? They always seem to be good for smarter stuff for boys. I had my Mum looking everywhere for a suit for me for the boys but she said everything seems to be a very pale grey this year which is not good for little boys!! x
  • Thanks Liz everywhere I've seen them are mainly 3+ and we're still in 18-24month pants and even they have to be rolled up lol.
  • Hey Becci, I got Henry christened last year and he was in age 2 clothes, this year I got him a similar outfit age 3 and both were from Vertbaudet. I get him loads of stuff from there and it's really reasonable and has loads of voucher codes around!

It was beige linen trousers with braces and shirt - he looked so cute - have a pic on facebook!

It was only ??18 so if you fancied something a bit lighter in this weather might be worth a look!

Also have them from 12 months to 4 years.

xx
  • The suit I got Bren and Jacob is a brand called Vivaki, they don't have the one I got them on amazon anymore but there are still a few http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_i_0?rh=i:baby,k:vivaki&keywords=vivaki&ie=UTF8&qid=1275577981 I have also found them on this site http://www.uniformwarehouse.co.uk/html/vivaki.html
    I like the fact they have a waistcoat as I thought then even if it is hot they will still look smart without the Jacket on. Knowing the British summer though you can never guarantee what the weather will be! x
  • Thanks girls with have a look at them.
  • I can't read all of this because of the stoopid ad banner but next has cute boy suits. We still need zachariah christened but I'm hoping I'm going to have 2 to do by the end of the year AND that it will give him a chance to relax in church, ge goes crazy and hysterically scared atm!