Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

dcared of bees

Rhys has develped a fear of bees and I don't know where it's come from. Neither me or oh are scared of them (I even tolerate spiders now and they make me feel physically sick). Soon as he sees one he runs to us shouting no bee no bee (quite cute actually lol)
Then last night we were having cuddles before bedtime and he said to me rhysy not like bee.

On a separate note though he does seem to be a typical male lol. Whilst underwear shopping with me yesterday he kept running to the bras shouting nice boobies mummy. Rhys like boonies ha ha. The shop assistant found it hilarious.

Replies

• Haha to the bra thing! Bless. Elijah thinks nipples are 'belly buttons!'
    I think this is a phase as recently Elijah seems to be scared of alot of things & keeps bringing them up at like random times as if hes worried about it. Im scared of spiders but have really tried not to pass this on, even go into his playhouse when the spiders are there with him. On holiday there was a spider game and Elijah nearly had a fit he was really worried (it was quite loud & creepy!) But now all he does is mention how he doesnt like the spider game! x
  • lol! So funny about the boobies comments!!

Sounds like he has picked up from somewhere about being scared of bees, could you check with his nursery and see if anyone there is scared of bees? I would probably sit down and tell him that bees are really clever little creatures busy making honey for us to eat, and that they only sting if they are scared, and that we are so much bigger to them we can seem pretty scary so it is a good idea to keep away from them but we don't need to be scared. Something like that anyway lol!
    Maybe see if you can get him a book about bees too so you can tell him a bit more about them?

Hopefully you can nip it in the bud so he doesn't go legging it everytime he sees a bee! Good luck! x
  • We are going through similar with Holly but its bats she is scared of? not sure at all where its come from but every so often she comes and says holly not like bats they scare holly. Ive tried talking to her about it but the more I mention it the worse she gets, I figure she will grow out of it soon?
    LOL at Rhys running around shouting about boobies! I can just imagine it lol
  • Ha ha, boobies boy, love it!
    Gracie also saying 'i'm scared' but that's cos her biggest bro is scared of EVERYTHING at 7 year old and she's copying him and Alfie copying him too!
  • LOLat the bras.

Oakley is scared of everything creepy crawly. He see a bit of black fluff and says 'arghhhh it's an ant Oakley not like that ant it toooooo scary for me'