Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

just for fun

Was just thinking the other day about things i thought i would never say to my child but i have said to stay sane! LOL.
Such as:
"your teeth will fall out if you dont brush them",
"the policeman will tell you off" (for not sitting in his carseat)
"That lady is coming to tell you off, quick!"
Always thought these were a cop out until Elijah came...lol. Anymore good ones? xx

Replies

• lol - eventually we all say things our mothers said to us!! I remember being very sarcastic when my mum said 'are you still in bed?' and then found myself saying the exact same thing to Tristan!! But yes I've have said all of those things to my children, hehe.

How about -
    'You'll get square eyes sitting that close to the tele';
    'there are people starving around the world who would love to have the food we've just given you'
    and I'm waiting for the day I will turn to Fee and say 'You're not going out looking like that!!' xx
  • :lol: these made me chuckle.

In answer to 'why?' JUST BECAUSE!!! (such a crap answer but when it's the 200th why of the last hour it's the only answer!)
  • he he mine's because i said so.
    Also the policeman/ that lady will tell you off

• Haha, good post!

I can't think of any other than what you have already said but I am sure I have said loads more! I'm always making stuff up to persuade Brendan to cooperate without a fuss!
    When we go off for a walk into the woods and he starts to get a bit too confident running ahead I say 'sshhhh, did you hear that' and stop and look around. Then I say 'I think the Gruffalo may be about today we had better be careful, and if you think you see him pretend to be mouse and he will run away' lol. Gets him everytime and he sticks by me after that!! x
  • lol- good one about the gruffalo Liz!!
    Im forever saying aswell- "I think Daddy really wants to read that book with you when he gets home!" (Like if its thomas and really boring...) Thats so bad isnt it! lol x
  • I say that about reading a book 'when daddy gets home' too - and the 'because I said so'.
    Liz - that is so mean but very funny! x
  • guilty of all of the above!
    most recently with telling him that if ryan runs away mummy will be in trouble with the police man and that will make us very sad! well its better than shouting and screaming at our kids hey lol x
  • Hi

Said all the above too although i told myself wouldnt

I tell Jack if he plays with his Wonka (willy) it will fall off!
    Also if he he doesnt eat his dinner/tea the cartoons will be mad at him and not come on our tv!!

Fell really mean when im say it but it works a treat!!!

• When we're out and rhys starts whining in the car I say oh I saw a monkey in that tree and then he spends the whole journey looking for monkeys. And when out in the woods/park we look for gerblings. ( a random crrature my uncle made up to keep us quiet when we were little.) I was so gullable though and fell for them all. I would never go near there garden when I was little as they told me a wolf lived in the shed ha ha.
  • Some of the above the worst thing I ever said and I never thought I would was after LO had been in a bad mood and going on and on I was at my wits end and whatever it was that he said my response was ....I don't care! :cry: Bad mummy.
  • My friend uses Jack Frost, ir her lo won't do something she say's "quick, i can hear Jack Frost" and he usually does it, one day a couple of weeks ago i was walking past their fence and he wouldn't do something so i put on a voice and said "hello" he shouted who's that so i replied "jack frost" he ran in the house and did what he was supposed to be doing! Struggled to keep a straight face when he told me Jack Frost was outside!

Probably say lots of things to Philip but can't think of any right now! x