Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

His start at nursery!

Well, we went on Thursday and it was a disaster (probably part of my ranty thread on here from fri morning cos I was worried about him). On Thurs we went and max wouldn't even let me out of his sight without crying never mind out of the room - I sat behind him to try and fill in some forms and he just lost it! so I was at panic stations a bit. But we went back on Friday morning and I settled him and he seemed much happier and I left him for 15 mins and he was fine until the others got noisy as they got ready for lunch (bless - like he's never noisy :roll: )! But all the staff were fab with him!

So we go back on Wed and leave him for at least an hour (they will ring if he really needs me) and if he is ok longer. Then Friday we are aiming for the whole morning! So fingers crossed it continues to get better.

It was funny cos on Thurs pm I went to our usual baby grp where he has known the adults and babies since he was 6 weeks we see each other at least twcice a week and I went off to the loo and stuff and hwas totally unfazed - it is just that nursery is a new place and adults and children! We decided at baby group that maybe we should all just take it in turns with them all each do one day a week or somehting and then work the other 4 days! That would be ideal!

[Modified by: Craftycharli on 24 August 2008 06:33:10 ]

Replies

• Options
    Awwww bless him, Im sure all will be fine on Wed it'll just take him time to adjust and Im sure he will love it. I don't think Holly would cope very well around a lot of noise, Ive never been to a mum n baby group and she hasn't really been around that many kids.
    Good luck and keep us posted on how its going xxx
  • Options
    Oh bless. i am sure he will get better. Sam has his visit days beg of Sept, and we have never even been to a mother and baby group. That will prob be fun!!!!
  • Options
    Aw poor thing! Hope he's been better this week - hope you have too. I've sort of read your other thread but not got as far as replying yet I'm afraid.. still catching up on stuff after a weekend away!
  • Options
    Jack had a 10-1 and a 10-3 visit this week and he loved it. He ate all his luch and puddings both days and he was crawling off to play before id got his coat off! He has 2 full days a week 730-6 as of Monday and although i cried when i left him this week i know he will be fine xxxx
  • Options
    Well, we went on Wed and he stayed for an hour without a problem and when I walked into collect him he wriggled out of the girl's arms to get to me! Then on THurs he went for 2 hours and aparrently had a bit of a stress when they changed his nappy (v unusual) but otherwise was happy as larry - esp good as his key worker was off on thurs!

Tomorrow he goes for the whole morning and I go off shopping!!!! HORRAYYYYYYY!!!!!
  • Options
    Awwww Im glad everything is going well image I bet it will be bliss going shopping by yourself tomorrow, hope you have a lovely morning xxx