Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

bean update and Gender scan!

Hi everyone - I've not been on here for sooooooo long!

Hope everyone is ok - I will have a look at all the threads this evening and try and catch up!

I've been very very very sick with this pregnancy and haven't been able to face sitting on the laptop typing for long enough to write a thread! But this week the nausea has completely gone and I'm feeling like a human again!

I'm 15 +1 today and we had our gender scan today!

We're having a......................................................................................... girl!!!! A pink bump - I'm so excited that we'll have one of each!

How are all the other mummies to be getting on!? This pregnancy is flying by! Think it's because I'm so busy with Henry!!

xxx

Replies

• Oh one of each... how cool!
    Congrats and glad you are feeling better
    x

[Modified by: kia on April 11, 2009 09:50 PM]

• yey congrats xxx
  • wow!! one of each, thats so cool! Huge congrats on your pink bump xxx
  • Awww, congratulations! So pleased you are starting to feel better, the weeks will go so quickly now believe me! So are you going to buy pink big time?!! It will be so nice having one of each.

Have you got much of a bump yet?

Liz xx
  • thanks everyone! yep I'm afraid I'm going to break the bank with my pinkness buying!! I always seem to find lovely girls things - I'm sure the shops stock way more girls clothes than boys!! it will be really nice having one of each as we only want 2 but I am a little bit sad that Henry won't have a brother!! I don't think I could handle morning sickness all over again though so 2 it is!!!

Liz - I'm massive already - I can't believe how big the bump is compared to last time! Really annoyed as my boobs haven't grown much yet though so just a massive tummy!! Are you bigger than last time?

xxxx
  • Huge congrats - its lovely having (at least) one of each - and I think you're right about the clothes for girls - waaaay more cute stuff... so enjoy buying loads of pink things. Glad your feeling a bit better xx
  • I know, there is always tons of gorgeous girls clothes, especially in the sale. Have fun with the shopping!

I definately got bigger quicker this time, I wasn't in maternity jeans until about 16 weeks with Bren but by 12 weeks I needed to be in them this time. Plus my bump feels huge, although hubby says it is the same and comparing my measurements to the chart I had for Bren it is about the same. Last time I was weighed I hadn't put as much weight on at that stage as I had with Bren so I am hoping it will mainly be baby so I can lose it quicker. That is the down side of a summer baby - you can't wear big baggy jumpers after the baby arrives to cover up the jelly belly!!

My boobs didn't grow much with my first pregnancy or this time - one of the side effects I had been looking forward to! I do seem to be producing a bit of bm though which is fab as I had nothing with Bren until he was about 5 days old. So I am keeping my fingers crossed I have more luck bf this time.

I've told hubby I want to wait until this one is at least a year old before trying for number three. Not sure we will have more than that although hubby would like us to have 4 xxx
  • Crikey Liz you're a glutten for punishment! lol

Can't wait for all the baby pics that we're going to have on the dec forum x
  • Wowee a girl, lovely stuff! I was very sick for a long time when pregnant with Elijah, was so horrid, I feel for you!
    Liz has pregnancy made you lose your mind?? no.3?! lol just kidding! xx
  • Ohhh so exciting! Girl's clothes are sooooo much nicer. I don't really bother with little fella just put him comfy clothes but if I had a girl I know I'd be a lot more bothered! Although I must say I like little babies in just plain white sleepsuits for the first couple of months, they grow up too quickly and sleepsuits and new borns just look so cute. (I was bought a baby gap 0-3 months demin jacket as a pressie - how could a baby be comfy in that!?!)

El x
  • Yep, I am probably totally insane to even think about having a third lol! We will see! x
  • One of each sounds great. I am glad the sickness has gone I hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well with no other problems. I think your right there is always more cute girl clothes in the shops.

El- I agree about the first few months Marcus I think for the time of year lived in sleep suit a snow suit and cardigans, no demin jackets for him either!
  • That's lovely news!
    Girly clothes are much more exciting to buy!
    Have fun and take care x