Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Any tips

Hi all
I need help please.
Took Jacks cot sides off last week which was fine but he kept coming in our room thru night. I just picked him up and put him back and he goes back to sleep. The problem is he comes in at 5.30am and wont go back to bed he screams and screams. I was getting used to these early starts but this morning it was 4.30 and he would not go back in his room. If i shut his door he can open it now! Hes always been an early riser at between 6-7 but this is just too early. Im hoping its a phase and just because he can now get out of bed. Any tips would be lovely as im knackered and work suffering!!

Replies

• Options
    I can sympathise on the knackered! Cole's sleep is still dreadful - 3x a night waking. Do you have a bedguard? Might contain him for a bit till he gets used to it. Have you tried lying down with him in his bed? Doesn't work often with cole but sometimes it does.

Hope you can sort him out
  • Options
    we still have Oakley in his cot and prob won't move him to a bed until 2 and a half. Why did you take the sides off? Could you not put them back on? Sorry I know that's not a great deal of help!
  • Options
    Took sides off last week as he climbed out. We have a guard on now. i think it may be all the disruption as we moved house went on holiday took sides off cot all within a month xx
  • Options
    Sorry after I wrote my reply I thought I'd read another post on it.

Hopefully it is just all the change and he will settle in time. I'd say it's a bit of short term pain and long term gain. Keep putting him back and saying no it's nights nights and leaving and it will probably be awful for a wekk but he'll get the message and give up.
  • Options
    hey sweetie, i feel for you as fin is an early riser always has been and he will not go back to bed let alone sleep... always been about 5.30 sometimes 6.15 if we are lucky!!!

the only things really you could try are putting stair gate up so he has to stay in room and after a week or so of torture as he will scream/cry etc he may realise he needs to stay in bed (to be fair fin this would never work - if he wakes he wakes and thats it)
    put the sides back on or use bed guard and other things like big duvet to make it harder for him to easily get out!

or what we were thinking of but could back fire if put a few books and quite toys in room to try and keep them entertained for another half hour........?!!! think this is wishful thinking!

fin only went out of cot on sat for first time and he also has only ever slept in sleeping bag so big change, he's been ok but he hasnt realised he can get out yet - when he does it will be a nightmare!!!

good luck xxx