Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

No milk at all

Was just wondering if i need to ring hv on Mon as Jack has refused to drink any milk for the past 2 weeks. He was poorly with teething and cold so thought that was why but i have tried different bottles and cups but nothing! He drinks plenty water and has a couple of yoghurts a day,cheese and i make cereal with 4 oz milk in morning!
Any ideas??? xxx

Replies

• I had this problem with my son and he gave up milk months ago. I discussed it with the hv and she said so long as he has plenty of yoghurts and cheese its not a problem. If he's having milk on his cereal thats a bonus.
    If Jack's eating and drinking normally other than that and doesn't seem poorly I'm sure its nothing to worry about.
  • Hi,

I agree with Jules, as long as he is eating yogurt and cheese he will be getting some calcium, main thing is he is eating well and drinking other things ok. It may just be a phase and he is bored of it, maybe try him every now and then with a small amount and you may find he suddenly starts drinking it again.
    I know it isn't ideal but you could also maybe give him it in the form of milkshake in a sippy cup. xx
  • Max hasn't had ANY milk since 10.5 months! My hv just said that you can't force them and make sure he has dairy in diet! He has cheese fromage frais and a bit of cows milk on his cereal int he morning and that's it
  • like others say i wouldnt worry espcially as you are getting some milk in him and yogurts are fab!
    i'm trying to wean fin off some as he was still on 3 x 7oz formula so changed day one to cows milk and he's gone off it so today just given morning and night!