Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Update from me and Fin!

Hi everyone

As i dont get on here as much as i used to i thought id do a little update!

Fin has had a cold but then i got it and felt awful well now he has it back but worse then ever and he wont sleep, eat and just winges!!!!!!!!!! last few days has taken it's toll as he wont even lay down in cot so been pacing the house early hours on the mornong with him still sobbing!

eating is still the same and were not really making any progress!
he will sometimes eat breakie of porridge with yougurt mixed in and sometimes a few bits of toast!
lunch i try a sandwhich but he may eat one mouthful if im lucky, tried crackerbread, toass, crumpets you name it! then i give a fruit pot and some grapes then snacks like crisps etc..
tea he will only eat macaroni cheese - tried adding veg but spits out, wont eat potato, rice, veg, no meat really may have bit of ham but like the size of my fingure nail! arrrgghhh

havent had him weight since 8 months as at work on weigh in day but going to take him the week he's one!

he's not speaking but babbles and does bruummm for cars and chew noise for sneezing...

can ta-=ke aboput 2.5 stepsa before on bum

wont wear his glasses not even for a second there already bent from him fighting me!!! not good - as got hospital appointment to check and his sights prob worse!!!! also need yop get them to sort hi lazy eye as we were at a kids bday party yesterday and a boy said he's got weird eyes... i nearly cried!

his legs arnt straightening whcih is a worry as consultant said should when puts more weight on - suppose well have to wait and see when he walks! dont want him to get picked on - as they woulnt opperate till about 8years old and thats a loing time to ahve wonky legs!

im happy and loving finlay but just last week feeling shattered!!!

be on soon to chat more xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Replies

• Must be so hard to try and keep glasses on, bless him.
    A few of my friends said they have also gone through the not sleeping v well stage at around this age. But it is soooooooo knackering!!!
    Hope he walks soon for you huni. Keep up the good work, sounds like youre doing great xxxxx
  • ah charlotte sounds like ya having a busy few weeks. its tough when they dont sleep. i find it hard to cope.
    did they give him patches for his eye?
    come on fin get walking and wear yourself out for mummy!
    xxxxx
  • no they havent given eye patch, im a bit concerned as they seem to have just gone down glasses route and forgotten the squint - optiocions have said that the glasses will not correct the lazy eye and he will need op to make it look right but they should do whilst young to get a good result! so when we go back to hospital in dec im going to push on that!!

i know its cosmetic reasons i want it sorted which sounds bad but the other day a kid noticed it and then at docs today she said are you getting the squint sorted??? i was like um yes thank you! rude cow!

slept bit better last night and is napping now as was knackered and fighting nap all day! but he's had 4 pooy napping all mega smelly and bit runny so he's obviously not feeling himself at mo!

• Oh poor you, sounds like you've had a right few weeks. It's awful when they don't sleep cos they can't. Gracie's been cutting another tooth and is really restful at night, waking lots. Plus last week she had the squits really bad, about 10 full runny nappies a day for a week- was disgusting!!!
    Sounds like Fin's nearly walking, let's hope it does help his legs and that you get an appt soon to sort his eye out.
    Take care and try to get some sleep x
  • If its any comfort Charlotte.
    Sam has been really poorly too - had cold one week, sickness the next and we are now suffering with the same as Gracie - 10 nappies a day makes a very sore bottom!!!!!
    Am starting to think he will never feel better and I will never get a full nights sleep again!!

On a positive note - Sam has started to stand on his own and take 1/2 steps before he plonks onto his bum too!
    An last week we went to Center Parcs - How we love that place- colds we not going to stop us having fun and Sam def loved splashing and climbing in and out of the water.

Hope you have a better night tonight xx
  • how weird fin has got bad nappies about was about 5 a day today 3 so not himself... he normally only goes once every other day so he obviously isnt well! sounds like they all are getting similar bugs!

ooooo center parcs im jealous....i could do weith a few days there we love it - we even had our honeymoon there in a honeymoon villa!

xx