Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

bloody hecking in laws!

So Thurs evening we went for dinner with the in laws while Max was babysat - supposedly as a bit of an early anniversary celebration for us (who celebrates their 4th anniversarywith other people??? To me anniversaries are very private) and as the early celebration of my 30th.They didn't book the table till 8.30 and then the service was very slow - the menu was not very pregnancy friendly (ie lots of things I am not supposed to be eating) so I only picked a main course missing out on starters which everyone else had (fair enough) but my main course didn;t even arrive until nearly 10pm so why mil was suprised and supposedly mortally offended that I then didn't order pudding as well - umm hello I am 25 weeks pregnant and more likely to be found asleep at that time of night and eating that late was only going to cause indigestion and heart burn all night! :roll: So YAY great bloody celebration!

Then Friday they were here all day and supposedly LOVE to spend time with Max so we always try and plan things that they can do with max - although they would much rather go shopping which he HATES! So we planned to go to the beach as it was a glorious day - we told them it was about an hrs drive so they needed to be here by a certain time to give us time to get there play and get away to go and have lunch. So we had max all ready at the alloted time only for them to arrive 30 mins late - cue max being in an absolutely frantic rage by that time.

So we got to the beach and walked onto the sand and hubbie and I had a lovely time playing football with max and running around with him, looking for shells and drawing pictures in the sand - mil joined in with the drawing but that was it fil just wandered up the beach off by himself as did mil most of the time - so much for spending time with Max! :roll: Unfortunately due to tiredness/hunger and narkiness on Max's part he needed a lot of cajoling and carrying to get back to the car most of which hubbie had to do (I can't carry max far at the moment) neither mil or fil offered to carry or cajole just strolled off ahead again - THANKS!

Then we got to the pub for some lunch quite late but Max wolfed his up before ours arrived so while we were waiting for our food to come FIL offered to take Max outside so we could 'relax' (I never can when either of them have Max but hey we had to go with it or look like idiots) so when our food arrived we called max back to come and sit with us and have some crisps so we could all eat Max announced that he had been climbing on tables - WTF imageimage Yes truely FIL had let him climb all over the tables outside AND thought it was BLOODY funny when we siad that was not the right thing to be doing.

OK I will stop the waffle but add to that, that both mil and fil sat in the back of car with max and allowed him to pinch and bite them laughing along and not even attempting to ell him not to - hello 2 year old who is about to have a younger sibling thanks for that! Oh and also add to that when we did try to reprimand him for various things through out the day they just laughed along with him - how to undermine parents in one easy move!

So is it any suprise that yesterday and today we have had a bloody nightmare child who won't listen to a word we have said and has been climbing onto our coffee table (which he has NEVER done), and biting and pinching us. And yet they spent the whole day saying how he could go and stay with them (2.5hrs away) for a couple fo nights to allow us to decorate the nursery and his room or when the new bubs has arrived. Yeah I am really gonna let him go and stay there on the basis of that performance - never mind the fact that he has only been apart from us for 1 night so far EVER!

ok rant over! :evil:

Replies

• Options
    Sorry I haven't time to write a long reply - but I think you have every right to rant - what did your hubby say about it all? After all they're his parents! Hope Max calms down for you xx
  • Options
    Max has been a bit better and is back at ursery today so they ill whip him back into shape :lol:

Hubbie is FUMING about it all but he will never say anything - drives me mad that he always bites his tongue but I can't be bothered with forcing him to row as like you say there are his parents and thankfully we manage to only see them very rarely!
  • Options
    Oh dear! Dont you just hate IL's, bloody hell..
    My hubby is the same & bites his tongue even when annoyed, its very frustrating as I just rant on about it!
    (Elijah has just come in & shouted at your pic Maxi "Elmo!!")
    My ils always think they know best. We went to hubby's dad & g/f's at the weekend & oh overheard his dad telling his other son that his reading was crap! I was fuming and oh didnt want to cause a scene. I was like, 'thats your son hes just said that to!!!' So needless to say I ended up butting in and causing myself to look like the bad one! Lol. Had to be dealt with though!

Cant believe your mil was offended at you not having pudding either! How rude.
    Really hope you manage to calm Max down, I can imagine how annoyed you are at it all xxx
  • Options
    image shocking! Lost for words. All I can say is that although OH doesn't say a lopt at least he sees it and agrees with you and that you don't have to see them too often.
  • Options
    absolutely shocking!!! omg i do not do in laws!they can stay 126 miles away where they belong!!!!!
    i can see why u would be so cross, they should know not to undermine u ur his parents, they have been there. i notice this wit my MIL, does/says whatever she can be arsed, has little time/attention for ryan and if alllowed to spend time with her he would be a little sod im sure! fortunately we are too far away and i have no intention of encouraging any kind of arrangements!!

i hope max has chilled now for u and nursery whipped him back in to shape for u! that doesnt work for me, he knows im around at nursery!

hope ur ok xxxxx