Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

FAO Alioli

Hi
Hope you all well?
Was just wondering if could tell me what to expect at my 6 week checkup after IUD fitting?
After the trauma of the fitting (fainted) it was more painful then giving birth to Jack with no pain relirf! Im now working myself up into a frenzy about the bloody check. Could you tell me what to expect so i put my overactive mind at rest!
Cheers hun
Apart from the fitting tho its been great no probs at all but i do still go to my knicker drawer every morning to take my pill!!!!!!image

Replies

• Hi hunibuni, we're all well thanks, hope you are too.
    Oh poor you, sounds bad! Was wondering how you'd got on.
    At 6 week check the doc asked how I'd got on with so far, any probs etc then I had an internal exam to see if she could feel the strings...she couldn't at first but after a rummage (so lovely to have your bits messed with again, NOT!) she felt them! I also had a smear as was due one in two week anyway. That was fine, no more painful than usual. Just made me come on...great!
    You'll be fine, and if due a smear, ask if they can do it at same time, two birds, one stone and all that!
    Good luck x