Forum homeβ€Ί Archived Birth Clubsβ€Ί My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How are the babies doing - sleeping and feeding?

I just wondered how the babies are doing with regard to sleep and feeding?
Noah has come on leaps and bounds the more he eats - he loves food but quite often gets distratced when he sees zach has something and will spit out what he has cos he thinks he might get something better! he also prefers one flavour at a time for some reason. having 2 different things sometimes puts him off.
sleeping is getting better but he will sometimes wake up in the night and today he was up at 5.30. he's gone back for a nap now so i really should get on and get sorted!
with regard to everything else, he babbles a couple of sounds and can crawl and pull himself up ut definately not anywhere near walking. he's had chicken pox but was ok with it and apart from that seems well

Replies

• Options
    Holly is doing great on the eating front, having her breakfast then toast mid morning and then lunch flowwed by dinner and trying to squeeze 2 bottles in but some times she just isnt interested.
    The sleeping front is a different story! Before we went away she was doing well and sleeping 6.30 pm till about 7am but now I put her to bed as normal at 6.30pm but she talks away to herself and then eventually settles herself to sleep but wakes up loads through the night, I have started trying to give her a dream feed before i go to bed and WHEN she takes it she sleeps a LOT better. I think its a bit of everything keeping her up teething, a bit of reflux and wanting to play.
    Holly is crawling and pulling herself up, making loads of noises and its really like she is trying to say proper words. She will walk holding onto 2 hands and sometimes tries just one but isn't there yet, she is also getting braver trying to stand herself but again isn't there yet. Ive tried her with push along things but she isn;t interested I think she is too indapendent lol
  • Options
    Coles sleep is better than it was - we had a lot of bad nights but as he has the 4 top teeth in various stages of coming through (1 through a week ago, one poking through and the front 2 almost through i think) I think thats why. He's usually asleep by around 6.45 and sleeps through waking between 4 &6 (although usually around 4.30-5) for a bottle then he generally goes back to sleep. He can wake any time from 6.30 but this week he's slept till 8! Bloody marvellous!

Eating..welll definately better than he was but we are still on stage 1 food really - with the odd 6-9 month recipe mixed in with purees, and some finger foods. At least he's eating..although not sure what to do next..

He's crawling all over teh place, cruising, getting into everything and being a monkey, he's standing for a few seconds more often now and will walk holding both hands or sometimes just one hand. He's such a chatterbox babbling away. We have 4 teeth now - even if one is only just peeking through, and 2 more I think on the way. He's loving all his toys, will get them out of the toybox and loves putting things in other things and knocking down towers! Oh and bouncing...he loves to bounce- pulling himself up on his cot and bouncing creates bruises though! lol!
  • Options
    Jack sleeping thru went right out the window for about a month with him teething and being poorly. he got into a bad routine of falling asleep on me before naps or bed and if he woke he would only go back to sleep in my arms!!!! We are trying to get him back on track now and it seems to be working now,
    As for eating there is nothing he wont eat. He loves his grub and eats what we eat mpstly. They laugh at him at nursery.
    He can crawl and crawl over thing and loves using mummy as a climbing frame. He cant quite pull up on anything too high like sofa but he tries. xxx
  • Options
    Gracie's been sleeping really well recently, after a spate of teething, colds, coughs etc waking her up. She mostly sleeps till 7ish, but I had to wake her yesterday at 7.40!
    Eating, my goodness, does she like her grub! She had her tea of stewing steak, pots, carrots and gravy, a banana, flapjack mini square and then hounded me when me n hubby had sirloin steak later, so that's now a fave! Only little pieces of course, but she was smacking her lips for more! lol
    She can stand for about 5 seconds alone and will walk with a push along toy we got her but is happier taking the quicker route of crawling!
    She said 'ta' at the weekend and said it tonight when I gave her her flapjack without me prompting her, so cute! She also sometimes says bye bye and hiya at the right times too! And mama and dadda lots.
    Can't believe my baby's growing up so fast and is nearly one!
  • Options
    yey sounds like lo's are all doing really well since most of us have had a hard time of it!!!

fin mainly is asleep by 7.30pm and then wakes 6.20am - although last 2 nights slept till 8am couldnt believe my luck!!! he still wakes for dummy some times and if teething has couple of nights he just wants to be cuddled but i think thats normal!

eating - way better never ate the 'baby food' so just has normal stuff some days better than others... has far too much milk 4 bottles!

in to everything, does things when we say so clap, whats that he points, waves for hiya and bye bye, dances (wiggles bum and rocks) when you say dance or music comes on, open and shuts doors, climbs on and over everything, plays really well on own and with kiddies. got 3 teeth but 4th just poked through today so could be in fore few bad nights!got his glasses although he wont wear them, and weve got another appoint with consultant in dec so im going to see whats happening with lazy eye - cant belive they think he needs glasses he can see better than all my friends kids he spots all sorts far away and close.........also has a strange obsession with round things - havent mentioned it on hear before but he is proper proper obsessed!

xxxxx
  • Options
    ah wow so lovely to read all that.

ryan has the last 4 nights gone to bed so easy, still wakes up after 2 and stirs the rest of the night so is in with us.
    eating is fine! no problems there

is obsessed with balancing things, pushing everything under sofa/in shoes!

charlotte, ryan has some weird obsessions too, likes to take phone out of holster (peter kay lol) and put it back in.then balance it onstuff........ i think he has a case of ocd!
  • Options
    Well, Bren isn't doing so great on the sleeping at the moment but I am pretty sure it is because of his two front teeth coming through. He is going to sleep between 7:30-8pm and waking up between 3-4am wanting a bottle. He does go back to sleep then though and wakes up about 7am when hubby gets up for work.

Food wise, he has never had a big appetite, he is still having about 4 bottles a day but only having about 4floz out of each. I am giving him whatever we have to eat as he much prefers holding the food himself and munching away on it. Our floor usually gets more than Brens tummy but he is getting there. He can scoff a whole banana though as he loves them! He managed a fish finger last night too and was very happy when I put a bit of ketchup on it lol! Yogurts are another thing he loves, and pretty much any fruit he will happily chomp on so I guess he is getting the relevant bits he needs.

He is getting better and better at standing unaided and we don't think it will be too long before he is trying to make a step or two. He is also getting loads more vocal, shouting for things and shouting back when I say 'No Brendan!'. I have taught him to make a clicking noise with his tongue which he is very pleased with himself about lol!! He loves other children and squeals when he sees any!

He absolutely hates being dressed and having his nappy changed and makes such a fuss you would think we were torturing him! We have found the best way is for hubby to tickle him while I quickly try and get him dressed lol!! :lol:
  • Options
    Erin usually gets to sleep about 6:45pm. Very occasional stirring in the night but will settle quickly with quick repositioning, dummy and lullaby music box in place. She will wake at about 6:45am. (Sometimes earlier but she'll wait patiently for us to get out of bed image).

She is eating very well. Three solid meals a day, she especially loves sandwiches and finger foods. Managing great with chewing and lumpy foods. At nursery she appratently refuses the pureed foods and wants the more solid options some of the older babies have. (She has also been known to blatently steal other babies foods). Just hit the milesstone of being able to drink from a sippy beaker! Hurray!

Over the last couple of weeks she has just starting crawling at light speed, and this weeks mission seems to be to pull herself to standing, which she manages with varying success.

She seems to have alot of teeth all of sudden, with three at the top and three at the bottom (which is an unusual way of them coming through, but not unheard of apparently). The two on the right are almost through now too.

She babbles alot...mama, dada, goo, gee etc. She loves blowing kisses, raspberries and waves at everyone. She also does the actions for a couiple of songs (row, row, row your boat being her favourite).

The magic moment for me, was when she first came up to me to ask for a cuddle, she was never a cuddly kind of baby and much prefered to see what was going on than to be bothered with cuddles. But a few days ago, I was sat on the floor watching her play, she crawled over, climbed on my knee, put her arms around me and proceeded to hug and headbut me - I assume she was trying to give me a kiss and that it wasn;t some kind of hidden violent streak image.

Its amazing to think in the last 10 months or so how much our LO's have achieved. More than this I can't believe she is almost a year old!!!!

[Modified by: janeylizzybee on October 22, 2008 01:25 PM]