Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

Thought there should be a thread about a toddler again lol!

The page is full of babyness so thought I'd add a toddler thread again image
just wondered how they're all doing?
Zachariah is still quite clingy and doesn't say anything so he's being referred to a speech therapist as they're worried it's to do with his vision!
I've been trying to sort his room out to make space for a bed, which has been a nightmare as oh has already bought him way too many toys, I'm not a mean mum but it's ridiculous and I'm sure if it's not nipped in the bud soon he'll be spoilt and there'll be nothing left to buy him that's exciting through the years, eugh!
We've joined tumble tots which has been going well but I may swap it to time at one of those activity centres instead as we have to pay for the classes whether we go or not!
Errrr all in all things are going well and apart from the odd whinge fest he's been worth it lol (love him honest I do image )

hope everyone and their families are well

Replies

• We're doing well, rhys is really trying to talk lots at the minute and copies everything we say. He's also become VERY cheeky ha ha. He hasn't been very well this week tho and been pretty whingy the last couple weeks also learnt how to have tantrums but we try our best to ignore him when he's havin them and not give him attention for them.
    I've gotten out of the habit of going to babygroups with him so wanting to find some things to do with him as I want him to mix with other children as he loves playing with them. Luckily there are a number of children his age where we live and especially on sunny days we're always out with them and it's so lovely seeing them playing together.
  • Good topic.......

Finlay is doing fab, he is a little monkey at times and my god he knows how to have a tantrum! he doent stop talking and says so many things now i've lost count and stopped updating his baby book, he has started to say sentences - they dont make much sense but he knows what he's saying bless him!!!

he is obsessed with Thomas the Tank and would watch the dvd all day if i let him!

he interacts with sooo many children; my friends kids at childminders and at play center think this all helps him with confidence and the talking etc...

he wears his glasses well still, although wont entertain the patches - may be having op in next 6-12 months (scary thought)

xxxx
  • Noah is a little heller! he is very cheeky and giggly. he has a bottom lip that he sticks out if he doesn't get his own way. he is also one for temper tantrums!! he careers around - still going too fast for his legs to keep up! he has cradle cap which we got rid of but it came back and now we seem to have trouble getting rid of the last little bit.
    He also really likes thomas the tank and makes a little train noise when it comes on the telly. my mum took the boys to thomas the tank engine day at the local steam railway last week and he loved it!
    he's still quite small and last time he was weighed the hv said i should make sure i bring him back in a month or so. he's not tiny or particularly underweight but has dropped down a couple of those lines.
    he has a very sweet tooth and loves his dummy far too much. he can be very stroppy. he has a toy bunny that he loves and is completely disgusting its been dragged everywhere - garden mud or cereal bowl he doesn't care!
    we go to a couple of toddler groups - one he really loves but the other he always gets tired half way through and either gets his coat or grabs my keys to say i want to go!
    he is very communicative with pointing and indicating but does not say very much at all. he says gen gen meaning again and he says something that means juice or please which sounds like ous and hes just started saying ore meaning more. when the hv asked about his speach and we said he didn't say much she said we should sit him down and speak to him and read him stories but we do that loads - he loves books!! i think maybe we just know what he wants and he always gets what he wants!! so he hasn't become that verbal. we haven't been that worried but maybe we should be!
    good luck with the eye op charlotte - good that he gets on with his glasses.
    nice thats rhys has got friends his own age - noah only ever sees zachs friends.
    don't worry about zachariah not been excited about toys - as he grows older he will outgrow what he has and his tastes will change too so christmas and birthdays will still be fun!!
    as for being spoilt zach has seen an amazing toy and he asks for it every day i'm actually considering buying it to bribe him to give up his dummy. we've talked about the dummy fairy but i think near on ??30 is a bit extreme - in my day you were lucky if you had 50p from the tooth fairy!
  • Lovely to hear the ups and downs of our little darlings!
    Gracie is such a lively, adrenaline junkie, she should really be a boy lol. She loves copying the boys, playing out, trying to get on their bikes etc. We go to a local farm and she squeals and screams her head off in delight when on the all-terrain vehicle touring the farm, the faster and bumpier the better!
    She's saying a few words but not very often. Her new word (and by far fave toy of the moment) is 'baby'. She carries her dollies everywhere and I can't wait to get her a pram and all the baby stuff for her bday and xmas! Makes a change to boys toys.
    She eats well and nearly has all her teeth. Sleep was good untl we went away in the caravan. She gets so used to sleeping on our bed that she wakes at home and protests BIG time to be with us. Either during the night or early morning. We're knackered! Hence, we're looking for a 5 berth van before our summer hols...ermm...one week off!
    What I love most about her is how loving she is, lots of kisses n cuddles and she pats my back and says 'ahhhh', bless.
    Can't believe she's 19mth old.
    :\)
  • 19 months old! amazing isn't it - has gone by so fast. good luck with a different caravan. maybe get a tent and stick the boys out there! only kidding.! is there any floor space for a little ready bed or anything?
  • Yes there is but it's the only floor space for us all to tramp over to go to the loo and the greatest 'treading on Gracie threat' would be a drunken Chez forgetting she's there! Not good!
    Going to my nephew's party in Blackpool today and quite a few van sales shops there so hoping we find something (not v likely tho!).
  • Rhys loves baby's too and my little sisters dolls pram ha ha. He's also started giving eskimo kisses too which are lovely and when I'm being sick he comes up and kisses me and rubs my back saying ahhh it's so lovely. then the boyness comes out and he makes the noise of being sick lol. He LOVES animals and at the minute whenever he's in his cot all we hear is rahhhh ohh ohh ohh and nap nap (snap) as he has jungle animals on his bedding lol tho all other animals make a pig sound according to him ha ha
  • Floyd seems to have grown up sooooooooooo much since having carter....its strange thinking that 2 weeks ago he was my baby boy and now he is so grown up, not only does he look absolutley massive now but the things he does seems different he wants to do things on his own more now such as putting his shoes on it takes him ages but he does it if i leave him to it, he also managed to feed him self 2 yogurts by himself and didnt spill any of it haha....

Im not sure if he realises that carter came form my tummy but he used to lift my top up and stroke n kiss my belly, he hasnt even tried it since he has been born :~)

He is also talking so much now although he doesnt say many sentences he keeps saying new words all the time....which surprises me as he wil just ask for something and he knows the right words etc the latest word is dopter for helecopter!!! Everytime he hears a plane or helecopter he points to the sky shouting 'look dopter' He also call his baby bro bee which is quite sweet!!!!

It really is quite strange/cool thinking how much they change from a baby that can do nothing for itself to a quite independent little person in just a year an a half....

xxx
  • (Im back- and trying to catch up!)
    Elijah talks all the time, he has just begun to have tantrums too and really does try to play me up, although will listen to dad & grandparents! Which can be frustrating! Weve been having his older brother at our place alot since move (hes 10) and lije copies him and follows him everywhere, tries to be grown up and wants to play with his toys when hes there.
    He counts to five now and links alot of words, like he says randomly 'cat,dog' 'mum,dad' etc. He understands everything and responds to everything too.
    Bit concerned as his feet seem to turn in alot at times, goign to check out health visitor in case its big prob xxx
  • Good topic!

Philip is jabbering away really well, can understand most of it now, not always making sense but he's trying. Still managing to attract lots of female attention when he's shopiing with his laughing and giggling and shouting, he does a funny little jig when he's sat in the trolley, shakes his head and says "nah nah nah, yep yep yep!" then laughs his socks off!

Still (fingers crossed!) sleeping really well, goes 7 -7 with no wake up's although he has started sleep talking which is a bit scary (still in out room!)

Has learnt to climb everything and anything, nothing is safe anymore, he seems to have no fear, climbed into his highchair today, nearly gave me a heart attack!

Been having about 3 temper tantrums a day, not always sure what they are about either! Generally ignore him or speal calmly and quietly to him and he calms down. Has taken to putting himself on the stairs if he does something he knows is naughty which is quite funny but try not to laugh at him!

It is scary to think they are all getting closer to their 2nd birthdays, only feels like a few weeks ago that we were discussing their birth stories.
  • Oh they all sound like they're doing so well.
    You're right pootle, turning 2, how scarey is that! Have to say I can see my little baby is turning into a little boy now but doesn't make me anymore ready to admit it lol image
    how'd the caravan hunt go Ali?