Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Life

Just thought id give a little update on us at the mo!
Elijah has been going to baby ballet once a week and really loves it! He joins in with the clapping and actions to songs.
Also, you prob know that hes started walking at long last, he still falls but does quite a few steps b4 he does fall over, and hes really pleased with himself! image
He also keeps choking on things as he puts too much food in his mouth (stuffs in in) at once. I thought you might like to hear a little story;

well the other day hubby and me did a bit of shopping and then took lije to the library. Well a lady who worked in a shop thought he was cute and said to him 'do you want a banana?' Elijah replied 'yea' so he got one. Well we went in the library and lije was in his buggy eating banana when hubby turned around to check him, lije was choking really bad! We were slapping him on the back loads but it wasnt working so i was starting to panic. "Oh my god, hes choking" Well no one even came over to help us, hubby had to drag him out of the buggy and finally Elijah managed to cough the banana up into hubbys hand. (Phew) Well a woman sitting near us looked in disgust at poor bubba. She kept checking her coat to make sure he hadnt been sick on it!!! I mean, she never even helped us or moved when he was choking and now shes worried about her coat (which didnt have sick on it at all, we were just near her.) What is wrong with people??!!! xx

Replies

• Options
    I think its awful the way some people act, we went out for breakfast about 4 weeks ago and when I was paying for it I notcied a small group of people gathered around a table and a small boy maybe about 7 choking and noone was trying to help. The dad had the boy upside down with his fingers in the boys mouth so I went over, stood the boy up and hit him on the back till whatever it was came out. Not ONE of the people stood watching asked if he was ok, tried to help or anything and this poor we boys face was purple! It does make me wonder what sort of world we live in.
    Just think though, the next generation will be different because we are bringing them up lol so polite kind people all around image xxx
  • Options
    sounds shitey to me but LOVING the idea of baby ballet!!! image
  • Options
    'Look the other way' must be the motto of the noughties, how ignorant!
    Glad Elijah was OK, it's well scary when they choke.
    Well done Amy on saving the little boy!