Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

what are the lo's ....

wearing to bed these days???

Just suddenly had a wonder about it this mornign when I was getting Max out of his Jamas!

He still sleeps under just a sheet and thin blanket (if he keeps them on :roll: ) and wears a short sleeved popper under vest and the long sleeve and long leg jamas.

I think when we change his bedroom and change him to a duvet we will go to just jamas and no vest.

Replies

• Options
    Bren wears long sleeved leg long PJs, no vest, and has a winter tog duvet (not sure of the rating). It is still dropping to anything as low as -10 outside at night here but Bren and Jacobs room has a heater in it that keeps it between 20-22 degrees C.

In the summer he wears t-shirt and shorts style PJs and has a thin tog duvet or just a sheet in the height of summer. x
  • Options
    rhys wears his pj's long leg and sleeve and a vest and socks and sleeps under a duvet. his room is always freezing lol.
  • Options
    Gracie wears a normal kiddy vest and long sleeved/leg PJs under a 10.5 tog duvet. Ooh, you've just reminded me...I need to buy her a kiddy sleeping bag for the caravan! Thanks!
  • Options
    ok so it is not abnormal for him still to be in a vest too - I just suddenly though it's what he's always worn but it's never occured to me when they might stop having a vest for bed :lol:
  • Options
    Holly wears the same as Gracie and also has a 10.5 tog duvet, Im going to need to look out a thinner duvet for the summer though seeing as the weather is already picking up YAY xxx
  • Options
    Oakley has a couple of pairs of PJ's that were given as a pressie but as a money saving measure mainly wears old tops and jogging bottoms that I got given second hand, some of the nicer ones he wore last year but others weren't to my taste - it's quite good that they are too small and therefore tight so they don't ride up as much on him.

Oakley grew out of poppers vests 6 months ago so has big boy vests.

He sleeps with a duvet but in summer I won't bother buying a summer one just 1,2 or 3 blankets depending on the temp.
  • Options
    Elijah wears long sleeve & long legged pj's or pj bottoms & an old long sleeved top. Doesnt wear a vest anymore as it tends to ride up & make his nappy leak out the sides. He has a duvet & a small blanket over that if its a cold night.
    He does wear a vest in the daytime though to hold his nappy on under his clothes, otherwise his trousers just fall down lol. xx
  • Options
    Pealop wears short sleeved pj top and long bottoms or shorts depending on which pair (mostly from a very lovely neighbour!) and sleeps under a 4.5 tog duvet and most nights kicks it off as he's too hot, room is 20-21 degrees most of the time. In the summer he'll be under a sheet and then nothing when it gets really hot. he is like his dad and prefers to be cooler. xx
  • Options
    Bryn wears a vest (or t-shirt) and a pj top (or an old top I'm not keen on!) but he doesn't wear pj bottoms as I put him in a gro-bag - not alot of room in it now but he wakes up regularly if i put just a quilt over him. he also has a fleece blanket as it's really quite cold in his room. x
  • Options
    Finlay just wears long sleeved pj top and long leg bottoms then sleeps with duvet which is quite light weight.

do your lo's wear vest type things in day then??? i stopped with fin last summer and he hasnt worn them since - perhaps should have this winter he may not have been ill as much!
  • Options
    Yep max always wears a vest through the day still - it never seems warm enough UP north here to not hve one on. I think a couple fo warmer days here last summer I didn't bother but normally yes. If he has a short sleeve t-shirt on then in the winter it's a long sleeve vest and if it's a long sleeve top then a short sleeved vest - but he totally refuses to wear jumpers etc inside.
  • Options
    Bren sometimes wears a vest, depends what other layers he will be wearing and what he will be doing. On nursery days he needs extra layers as they spend loads of time outside and it is only just getting to about 7 degrees during the day here now (although warmer in the sunshine!). Night time he doesn't wear one.
    He sometimes wears a jumper inside, usually in the morning when the log burner is just getting going, but once it is blazing it is normally around 24 degrees in the house so I take it off him if he is getting hot. x
  • Options
    During the day Bryn either wears a vest or a t-shirt and then a top or jumper over the top of that depending on how cold it is - he doesn't wear one in the summer though x