Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Fully off!

Gracie took her first steps alone just before her birthday and at exactly 13mth she's now fully walking, yay! And she gives the best kisses in the world!

Replies

• Awwwwww bless her, Holly started walking just after her birthday and is well and truely off now. She hates being put in her buggy and wants to walk everywhere which is making shopping rather fun lol
    I bet its sooo cute when Gracie is giving kisses! I can't wait for Holly to start xxx
  • Max has been giving sloppy snotty kissess for a few months now - love them!!! walking is about to start I would say in the next month we will be there!
  • Yey well done Gracie!! She didn't look far off at the meet up - just had to start letting go of our fingers lol!! xx
  • Lol yes, she now grabs my trousers! I have to jump out of her way b4 she grbas me!
    Snotty kisses sound lovely!
  • yey!!! fin started just after bday and now he's 13months has it mastered and even gets up to a run! only walked up garden path etc outside - shoes wise... i need to go get some, need steardy but not chunky as some of them look so big and heavy for little feet also need to be careful with his feet turning in so doesnt trip up! also was going to get some reins! fin does that too now was grabbing my dressing gown at the back and if you dont notice quick enough i walk too fast and he's on his bum!

kisses - he's started soming up and putting lips together and making the noise soooooooo cute!!!

xxx
  • Yeah well done Gracie! Of course with the trouser grabbing comes the mysterious marks on the back of your trousers that you don't realise are there till mid-way through the day!!! Philip is trying to master running, doing really well but he can't work out how to stop and generally flys into the dog or door or throws himself to the ground! How he hasn't injured himself yet i really don't know! xx
  • Well done gracie, and kisses ! Oh I want kisses tsk LOL
  • Erghhhh Pootle! The trouser marks are ace, esp when you arrive at work like that!
  • The worst is when one of the children spot it first and shout REALLY loudly "Miss, what's that on your trousers?"! Did it to me last week, i was mortified - cream from the middle of a custard cream smeared down from bum to knee!!! Yuck!
  • lol pootle that sounds sooooooooooooooooooooo funny (but not for you obviously!)
    oh i thought zachariah would be walking by now as he'd mastered about 5steps at christmas but he's realised he can still get everywhere a lot quicker by crawling so doesn't put the time in to learn any more than that =(
  • Waiting4baby, Gracie took over a month from few steps to fully off so don't worry! And she just suddenly decided walking was in and crawling was out (ish!) x
  • hehehe - i just chuckeled out loud at that story!!!

yeah i agree i wouldnt worry as it's been about a month bewteen fin doing bit of wobberly steps to now walking!

went to get him shoes today from clarkes - ended up with just the cruisers even though he should ahve walkers, basically the walkers we just couldnt get on his feet - god knows why he just kept arching his feet and just couldt get them on, but the cruisers we could so going with them for bit and get him used to them as they are more chunky and have a proper sole so can walk outside!

what do all your lo's have??? also do you just have one pair? what about other styles not from clarkes like trainers or next ones etc???

• We got Brendan two pairs from Clarkes when we were over that my Mum got him for his Birthday present. We got him some leather velcro ones that have flashy lights on the bottom (for his first proper pair of shoes - and because daddy really liked the flashing lights!!), and we got him some brown leather boots (like caterpillar boots) that were in the sale as they are better out here in the snow.
    My Mum just posted me out a foot measuring thing so I can measure his feet and then get her to post me some bigger ones out from the Clarkes outlet near her!!
    We found Brendan started walking so much better when he got his proper shoes, he just had some soft trainers before that.
    He is currently in 4 1/2F so not sure how long they will last, at least now I know I am having another boy the shoes can be recycled a bit with the next one!! x
  • Well done Gracie. Bryn took a few steps at Christmas but hasn't bothered since! He prefers climbing over things than trying to walk! As for kisses - if I ask for a kiss he gives me a wide mouthed slobber usually on my chin - lovely!!
    Pootle - love the story!! lol x