Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

little rant

My MIL...lol!
Most of you know we lived there for about a yr and it was hell. So since moving out (which is bliss btw!) I left things to cool off a bit because i was still really hurt about how we were made to feel when living there.
Well the past month i have tried to made amends by texting etc pics of lo or things he says etc. But i never get a response, and if i do, its through hubby! (She will speak to him & ask how things are.)Since weve moved ive been really unwell as most of you know through my facebook moaning-lol! The doc doesnt really know what it is and some days i can be fine, but others i cant get up and cant look after lije or do anything. Well through all of this i havent had any help or any concern from the ILs and it really bothers me! I dont like them but i just feel like its so wrong as i kept my mouth shut when we were there so that it wasnt tense for them, even when i found out they were saying nasty things about me behind my back. But ive never done anything to hurt them! I dont understand. Shes not interested in seeing her grandchild at all- i cant getmy head around it! She doesnt even speak to hubby really anymore, and all because hes with me! Im a nice person!! ????? xxx

Replies

• Oh poor you
    she sounds like a right cow!! Personally I wouldn't bother making any effort especially now as she's ignoring your efforts. She's losing out through not seeing her gorgeous grandson

Sorry..not much help really
    xx
  • i know kia thats what i cant get- shes really losing out!! x
  • I agree, it is totally her loss. It sounds like you are far better off without having them in your life with all the nasty things they were saying.
    Are you still feeling rubbish? We've all been poorly here for the past two weeks with colds, sore throats and coughs. I'm fed up with it! Hope they get you sorted soon xx
  • Thankyou both! I feel the same, was just making an attempt for hubbys sake really, but i could do without it and so could lije i guess.
    Im ok at the moment, just never know when im going to be ok, its really crap. But got hospital appointment in a few wks so will update you all. xxx
  • I totally agree that it's her loss. At the end of the day you've tried and that's all you can do. She'll regret it one day when she realises just how much she's missed out and when Elijah isn't interested in them when he's a little older.
    Hope you get to the bottom of what's causing you to be ill soon xxx
  • Bluey I am kind of in the same situation as you, my IL's are horrible people and if I ever text or email pics of Holly they will never thank me or say nice pics or anything IF they decide to get in touch it is through hubby, they make NO effort to see Holly yet loads of effort to see there "new" granddaughter. It is TOTALLY their loss, when Elijah is walking down the road and doesnt recognise them or doesnt want to go and visit them they will ONLY have THEMSELVES to blame. Don't worry about it, its their loss xxx
  • Silly woman, she'll regret missing out on Elijah's life if she carries on being stubborn and proud. Let her have her strop and sulk, and concentrate on getting you better. x
  • thanks everyone. I think i have tried enough now so if she cant be bothered then i wont go out of my way anymore as it upsets me. Hollys mummy- it does sound like the same thing. My mil spends loads of time with one particular grandchild who she favours. But also she has asked hubby if she can take his other lo out next wk! That made me so annoyed as obviously shes gonna come and pick him up from us and just bypass elijah who wont be going out with his brother! I just cant believe the cheek, she hasnt even bothered seeing the older one for about a year x
  • I agree with everything that's been said already... concentrate on getting yourself well and being with Elijah and ignore the silly woman - it's her loss! Big hugs coming your way xxx
  • I agree with everything everyone has said but just thought I'd post this too as hopefully will make you feel better....

I have had a similar situation (that is too long to explain on here) and decided blood is not thicker than water although you have no choice who you're family is, you can choose how to spend your time. Well the only one hesitation I had was will I regret it? I did keep extending the olive branch and in the end I came to the point where enough. Well now I have heard that this relative is unwell - and won't get better. Now I know what I'm going to write sounds awful but I don't care. This was my worst nightmare that this would happen it would put everything in perspective and I'd be regretting it and desperately trying to make up for lost time. So I hope you do read this post and I hope it helps.

El x