Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

how are all the babies doing?

hi everyone!

just wondered how everyone is getting on? ryan is 8 days old now and i cant believe he is actually here.i thought i was gonna be preggers forever!
he is breastfeeding really well i just need to get some decent feeding tops now. i went debenhams the other day and sat in the baby room feeding him and was so paranoid that someone might catch a glimpse of my jelly belly and stretchmarks!
ryan sleeps for about 4hours at a time and wakes for an hour or so when he feeds about three times and does numerous poos!
he really is such a good baby and im so happy to have him here, i cant believe hes all mine!

oh is doing really well, imnot impressed with him returning to work next week but cant do much about that!

hope everyone has a lovely relaxing xmas day with your newborns!

holly + ryan xxx
:\)

Replies

• Options
    Glad you and Ryan are getting along just fine! Me and Gracie are too - she's settled into quite a regular routine, having wakeful times in the morning and at tea time, feeding up well and waking 2 or 3 times a night for a feed or two. Just watch, she'll be up lots tonight trying to take a peek of Santa!!!
    Her big brothers adore her and she sure is used to noisy days since school broke up! Still can't quite believe I have a little girl...even getting pink clothes is strange but fantastic!!!
    Enjoy Christmas one and all!
    Ali and Gracie xx
  • Options
    Strange to be in the "My baby was born in Dec 07" instead of "Due in"!!

Good to hear that both your babies are doing well, Philip is 8 days old today and also seems to be fairly settled into feeding every 3-4hours (although mw told me not to let him go more than 3 1/2hrs, if he's asleep that's how he's staying!) only problem is the 3amish feed takes about 2 hrs from him waking to finally dropping back off! during the day he munches then drops off straight away!

I went on the top hunt today, looking for crossover style in normal shops rather than Mothercare and coulnd't find a single one! OH has got to get my clothes down from the loft as i know i've got some up there that i should now be able to fit into!

Hope you all had a fantastic christmas day, i'm glad i got to use the my first christmas sleepsuit i bought, even if it was a little big for him!!

Obi & Philip
    x
  • Options
    Routine??? Whats that???

Lo (still no name yet - a bit bad seeing as he'll be 2 weeks tomorrow but we really can't decide - ok make that 'I can't decide'!) is feeding anywhere between every hour and 3 hours - he put on 2oz in his first 5 days and then a further 6oz in the next week!!

He does have a cold (my 2 year old had one when he was born and decided to share it!) and a bit of a chesty wheeze so I spend most of the night holding him so he can sleep.... needless to say I'm absolutely shattered - especially as I rarely manage to get a sleep during the day. He's also got thrush in his mouth which makes my boobs really sore..... but he is gorgeous and worth every minute of it!

Em x
  • Options
    any born on christmas day?? my lo was last year.
  • Options
    quick update... lo is called Bryn Tobias.

Em x
  • Options
    Thats a lovely name Em, we were thinking of calling our little one Tobias but opted to call him after my oh grandfather instead.

Hope all you lovely ladies are ok and that I will be joining you soon!!

L xx
  • Options
    Welcome Bryn Tobias - well worth the wait!
  • Options
    i didn't even know this forum existed! me and Phoebe are doing fine. She only wakes up two times during the night but me and hubby don't go to bed till about half twelve. Can't believe she is three weeks old already!
  • Options
    glad to hear youre doing well - lily and i are both well and i'm sure she gets more gorgeous every day! the breasfeeding is getting more routine now but did have problem with one boob but m\w recommended lnsinoh cream and its amazing! ive got some great breastfeeding tops from h n m not expnsive either. havent tried bf in public yet tho - i'm amazed anyone ever leaves the house! good luck everyone x
  • Options
    I agree Lansinoh is a miracle! I don't need to use it now as boobs fine because I used it from day 1. And that's with Gracie feeding about 14 times a day!!! Only up twice during night tho, rest of time she feeds up or sleeps for a while! Not sure how we'll manage once I have to take boys to school and nursery...she has 3 feeds from waking at 7.30 til 10ish. Been easy so far as hubby been on pat leave then xmas hols as he's a teacher too. Still, the days will be a lot quieter with only the females at home!
    Have a good New Year's Eve everyone...may even bubble Gracie up with some champers!
  • Options
    Hey everyone!
    Have only just found this forum! Glad to hear everyone is fine and no major problems! I must say Im very lucky and Holly is a great baby, she feeds for about 40mins every 3-4 hours but more at night! Shes put on over 1lb is 2 weeks!!! Keep being told I have channel island milk lol Hollys awke time is from 2300 till 0200 and nothing we have tried has changed it lol Im not complaining though!
    Hope everyone has a great time tonight and that 2008 is an amazing year xxx
  • Options
    Just had Bryn weighed - hes just over 2 weeks old and hes gone from 8lb 15oz to 10lb 141/2oz - not saying my son is a piglet or anything but thats a heck of a lot!! Hv said that back in the 'old days' they would have asked me to provide milk for babies in hospital who couldn't be fed by their mums!

Anyway I wonder how many of us will be feeding our los at midnight tonight!

Hope you all have a fab night (personally I'm hoping to be asleep - how sad is that??!)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Em & not so little Bryn x
  • Options
    Snap! I plan to get some kip whilst hubby keeps Gracie downstairs til her next feed! Bet the bloody fireworks either wake me up or keep me awake!
    Bryn sounds just like my 1st - put on a pound a week too when first born!
    Happy feeding in the new year!
  • Options
    Oh my god! i though Philip was piling the weight on, 12oz in a week but WOW!

Well i was feeding at midnight, and 1am, 2am, 3am, 4am! and when he wasn't feeding he was screaming! if i managed to settle him, i'd let him sleep on me for half an hour then put him in his moses, within 5 minutes he was screaming again! Oh well, it can't get any worse than this, just wish he'd let me have half hours sleep. Sent oh to bed as no point both of us being awake especially when he can't feed him!!

Hope everyone else had a good night, at least there were a couple of good films on to watch during the early hours!!

• Options
    Well I missed all the fireworks - I fell asleep on the sofa at 11:45 and woke up an hour later!! Just as well I grabbed an hour then - Bryn was a bit like Philip - so this morning I left oh with our 2 yr old and his 2 older kids (who have been staying with us) and stayed in bed with lo - bliss! Oh even brought me breakfast in bed - just a pity he had to wake me up to give it to me! Hes back at work tomorrow - not looking forward to beng home alone with kids.
  • Options
    I can't wait till they go back to school!!! why are school holidays so long???? MInd you i didn't complain when i was still working as i work in a school!!
  • Options
    i'm glad i'm not the only one Obi1! There seems to be no pattern to lilys feeding at all now and she will not go to sleep in her moses basket at all! i'm scared i'll squish her cos i keep falling asleep while holding or feeding her in bed but it is impossible to stay awake all night! i really didnt expect any routine but she did seem to follow a vague pattern at first. shes putting on weight too to and it is so satisfying knowing its down to my milk - dont you all agree?
  • Options
    Hi Ladies,

Not that I have any personal experience at all but I have been reading the book called 'the baby whisperer' and in that she talks about babies having very regular feeds using the feed to settle themselves when they aren't actually hungry. Not sure whether there is any truth to this but I really recommend the book as it is a very good read and a lot of the advise sounds very sensible. May help some of you get a better nights sleep as hourly feeds sound exhausting!

Good to hear you are all doing so well though, can't wait until I am coming to you all for baby care advice!

L xx
  • Options
    Philip did have a pattern for a few nights then it went to pot!! I spent last night on sofa as i don't get so deeply asleep on there, night before last i feel asleep feeding him, woke up & i hadn't got hold of him at all, he was on the pillow i use to help prop him up and was safe but that really scared me so daren't risk it again.

I'll try and get hold of that book liz, am willing to try anything! mw said today it's perfectly normal to feed so often and not to worry, it's not her boobs being attacked though is it! she did give me some lanisoh samples though!
  • Options
    I know Gracie uses my boob to get to sleep rather than have a feed cos hungry - either that or she sucks my little finger! Mw said even tho you can't overfeed a bf baby, she is having lots as she gets tummy ache then sicks up (just to prove my point that's exactly what she's just done - sick all down my cleavage!).
    On sleeping, we both sleep when she's on my chest between feeds - it's the only way and at least if she's sick I can feel it. Really want her in basket but need sleep at mo.