Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

double teeth?

This is going to sound a bit wierd but Noah's having loads of trouble with one of his teeth coming through. 3 at the bottom came through at about 4 months and the 4th one on his right has been trying to come through since then. It finally came thru and its a tiny little thing and has given him loads of bother now it looks like there are 2 tiny teeth comig thru in the same place. is that daft? it really looks like thats whats happening. has anyone heard that before and any advice?

Replies

• Actually I'd thought this myself!

When Henry's top 2 teeth came through I was looking at the wrong lumps!! They suddenly appeared infront of the lumps I that I thought were teeth! Then the same happened with the bottom 2.

Do you think it could be his grown up teeth already, just resting in place?

Have you registered him with a dentist yet? I registered Henry a month ago and his teeth are all fine the dentist didn't really do much but I'm sure they would notice if there was anything peculiar? Might be worth it just to put your mind at rest, I'm sure they're perfectly normal though!

xx
  • i think some peopledo have more than one set of teeth, i know my friend used to have them removed from the roof of her mouth quite often... they kept coming! may be get it checked out, surely they dont charge to check los at dentists? xx
  • how strange but like holly said if people can have more sets then i would get him checked! bless him - 4 months was early!!

fins just getting his 4th thru... when his first bottom came thru i thought it looked like two then when it was proper thru i dont know how i ever thought it looked like 2!!!???

i havent got fin in at dentist yet - hadnt thought about it actually!!!

also how is everyone getting on with cleaning lo's teeth??? were struggerling a bit - we do it whilst in bath any tips???

• Sounds strange...hope he doesn't have any bother with them.
    Star, I brush Gracie's a bit then let her have the brush to chew - that prob cleans them more than my tickling does!
  • I'm not sure about the dentist - we have an nhs dentist and we had appointments due for a check-up but they wrote to cancel them cos all the dentists left!
    haven't thought to register noah yet.