Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

A review of my new year resolutions:

I am sure some of you remember one of my resolutions :lol: but here they are:

1) to get more done around the house on my days off work - now Max can entertain himself more and we have our stair gates up I feel confident and determined that I can do this.
2) get my Usborne Books business flying even more.
3) get a new job
4) HAVE MORE SEX - since finding out I was preg in May 2007 I can count on 1 hand the number of times we have had sex and that is NO good for either of us or our relationship.

So how have I done:
1) NO WAY - my cleaning is still non-existant! Max still won't really entertain himself for long at all even though he can walk and get anywhere he wants he still wants me there playing with him and frankly I went part time to spend time with him not do the house work anyway!
2) well getting there slowly got 3 schools on board and an ??800 order to put through from one of them and 3 book fairs coming up in March. I have also got a regular toddler group slot once a term so my first regular booking! I now have 3 recruits on my team and aim to get some more! So going pretty good all in all!
3) well I have the secondment for the summer term so that's a step in the right direction and I have an application form for a post in September back in Mainstream teaching and I need to get it filled in over the weekend so that's a possible in the pipe line - working on it basically!
4) Well, I have succeded on this one but to be honest even once would have been more than we were having so we are still not at it like rabbits! :lol:

Is anyone else still on track for their resolutions or even remember what they were??? image

Replies

• Lol! Mine was the same as your number four! We weren't as bad as the counting on one hand lark but what with slipped discs, gall bladder ops and 3 kids ha ha, we'd been lacking in that dept b4 Xmas! Things are on the up (excuse the pun!) and taking the pill is worthwhile after all! lol
    My other one was to get out more...and I have! I've been out a few times on my own during the week for meals/works do's etc and we've also been out more as a couple, and not just for meals as we normally do. We've been to the pics, a gig, for a boozy sesh at my sils, a meal or two and have had friends round for tea too. Tom night we're going to my bils 40th and are staying on their drive in the caravan without the kids (unless Gracie Moos is still sick!).
    Quite a productive year so far, hope both continue! ;\):lol:
  • Hmmm, can't remember what all of mine where but I am pretty sure I am doing badly at them all!!

I def had number 4 on my list and can't say things have got much better - much to hubbies dissapointment! I'm usually asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow and with my ever increasing bump size I am feeling most definately unsexy!

Pretty sure I had getting out and about more too, been rubbish at that one lately. Not seen my usual friend for a coffee for a few weeks due to her being busy and then having a bad cold. I did ask my midwife about the baby groups though and I am going to try and be brave and go to them with this baby - even though the thought of it scares the hell out of me! Apparantly they also have an open baby day that you can go to with babies of any age, so I am going to see if I can persaude my friend to go with me to that. Then at least I have someone to interpret for me!

I've put my business plans on hold as I realised it was crazy to start pushing ahead with setting up a business while pregnant and looking after an active toddler full time! Dissapointing as I would love to get my teeth into something that required a few more brain cells but I will start looking into it again once I am a bit more settled with baby no 2 and Bren is in nursery two days a week.

Hubby and I are going out for a meal next Friday night while we are over in the UK. I'm looking forward to that, and looking forward to being back at my Mums for a few days and catching up with my Dad etc. xx