Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

what a day

sorry I just need a moan.

My washing machine started playing up last night. Everytime I turn it on it blows all the electrics. I can't survive without my washer at the minute with Alfie. Then Rhys has been being sick all day. He's just woken up and been sick all in his bed. Took him into our room & he was sick all over our bed too.
So now I have 2 lots of bedding to get cleaned, sicky clothes and about 3 sicky towels without a washing machine image

and to top it off I'm full a cold with a banging head, ear ache, sore throat & aching all over so feeling sorry for myself anyway lol.

14 week old baby + 1 poorly toddler + potty training - washing machine = 1 unhappy mummy x

Replies

• Oh Becci, I feel for you. Sick's bad enough with a washer! Can someone help out with the washing? If you rinse it in the shower first?!
    Hope you're all better and the washer's fixed soon x
  • Oh no! I can imagine how you feel, my washing machine is on at least once a day and it would be a nightmare without it. As Ali says have you got friends or family you could pop round to and dump your washing with - may end up being a good thing lol!!

Hope you and Rhys feel better soon hun, big hug coming your way xxx
  • oh no - what a nightmare. hope you can find someone to help you out or get your machine sorted for you. hope you all feel better soon too. big hugs and lots of love jules x
  • Hope you are feeling better soon, and Rhys. Not fun having no machine, ours broke and it took a week for them to come and fix it, fortunately mil did several loads for me, with 5 in the house it was a nightmare. Hope it's sorted soon x
  • Sounds like a total nightmare! Hopefuly you all feel better tomorrow and then you can hopefuly sort the washing situation out, we had to use the laundrette for the first few months when we moved here and it wasn't that bad so maybe thats an option in the time being? Oh we got a washing machine off ebay for ??30 so might be worth keeping your eyes open xxx
  • Hope youre doing ok today Becci you poor thing. Its always good to have a moan to us when you're down. Hope you can get the washing machine sorted or like Holly's mummy says, possibly ebay or freecycle.com! xx
  • Well we're both lots better today (Rhys is just a bit more whingey). As for the washing I've sent a load down to my Mum's today and Jay's mum's said she'll lend us the money to get a new one thankfully so hopefully by the end of next week we'll be sorted again.